Simple rat *chain help*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to use my name/frame change, because the auction sale I had planned to buy parts for the snake at, had to be rescheduled to the day AFTER the build off ends! So, here's my new frame
7686697564_7cdbb1f428_z.jpg

Its some kind of huffy middleweight, traded it for an apple fritter :D
And I didn't take ny pictures of the breakdown, but I completly dissasembled it, sanded to bare metal and today me an my dad shot it with primer. I'm buying some paint soon, and I'm going with the tried and true, flat black with red rims and white wall's. Here's a picture of my dad showing me how to use a professional paint gun, no ratlecanning for this build! :)
7686754302_c41f0b9611_z.jpg

And walah! Primered frame!
7686777672_ec2026d6bc_z.jpg

Unfortunatly, I might half to buy tires. Expencive tires...

Re: Simple rat

Good luck, clocks ticking!! :mrgreen:

Looks nice so far :wink:

I dropped the idea of the red rims, because the wheel's just came in. 11 gauge spokes, laced to chrome double wall's. My fender's are done drying as well, my pinstriping job turned out well!
7687447474_2bba8a31bb_z.jpg

The reason for the heavy spokes is, I might put a bike motor kit in this frame. My friend shawn's grandma got done with my seat too, just got back from picking it up.
7687463878_c6e3205142_z.jpg

Even though I don't have enough time in the build off, I might make a in frame tank for when I install my motor kit. Paint might be here tomorrow, and the chain should b done soaking in used oil by then. I am adding my caliper brake conversion thingy to this, due to the fact that my new wheel has a freewheel, insted of a coaster. Fender might get notched for motor chain, but it'll be tough. Cutting through fresh paint...

More fresh meat jumping in the grinder!!

Welcome to BO7!!!

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!!!!

Welcome to the jungle!! Nice start. Get ta Buildin'!! Peace

Yesterday I painted the frame, I assembled it this morning and just got back from a 15 mile ride to take my finished picture! So, here it is. satin black, whitewalls and chrome. I'm hoping that the place I picked the right spot for the picture.
7727324486_a6acf2407f_z.jpg

I'd say that I did good for a 4 day build!

Real good! :D Looks like a nice cruiser to ride :wink:

Thanks schwinnray, it does ride nice. I am going to put a motorized bicycle kit in this frame, as soon as I can order one.

BRAVO for finishing!!
congRATs!

Okay, I have a question for everyone on here. Should I put a green kmc chain on here and take the old painted headbadge and put a monster energy sticker on it? I can't say I like the drink, but the color scheme is catchy.

Argh, I can't find my chain breaker! I don't want use the old hammer method because I don't want to scratch the paint. Any tips?

Latest posts

Back