Sinister Silver

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After watching the beginning of this build off and seeing all the cool bikes and ideas. I really wasn't sure about giving it a try, but the frame, lights and a few other parts came together at the right time. I will be using a ladies 24" Silver King I picked up a few weeks ago, and using the truck lights I just picked up from partsguy.

Her are the old truck lights. I will be using some aluminum sheets and pieces to make brackets for them. Now I need a couple headlights and tail lights.

My shopping list keeps getting longer. A silver banana seat, 36" to 42" sissy bar. Some old headlights and taillights, and hopefully change them over to led's

Alright, our first Silver King entry!!!!
Wicked inspiration.

A lot of chick bikes entered but this is one of my favorite frames for chick bike build off big fan of the silver king . Custom lights are cool also . Here is one I made for my bike build , a old Vw bug
f884b844b394d0ce630ff3721299f0dc.jpg
6c702baad44e1f426e643e5ebbaf27a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first I was thinking these looked kinda lonely hanging out there, but then I remembered your inspiration pic and saw that you where gonna have two headlights below them. This is gonna be fun.

Been busy around the house, but took some time last night to do a little mock up. I'm going with a 26 x 2.25 tire on a chrome drop center wheel for the back. For the front I snagged the 24 x 1.25 wheel off of another project, needs a new tire. I have the original handle bars but I'm liking how the ape hangers are looking on it.

I've had these two jc Higgins three speeds for a while now, I was going to use the front wheel off of one of them. Now I'm brainstorming to figure out how I could mount the hand brakes without altering the frame. If I can do that, I will switch the hub over to a wider rear wheel.

Last edited:
The apes look good on the SK.

Dude... I like where this is going... Now I see why you where asking me about the polishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally found a sissy bar, and seat post clamp for the seat I'm going to use. Still looking for two headlights and a taillight. If anyone is interested in the frame, fork, chain gaurd and crank please pm me.

Ok, I finally have some time to get some things done in this project. The only thing I need to get it rolling is a front tire. I really need a 24 x 1 1/4 black wall tire. If anyone has one please let me know. I will be picking up the headlights that are from a 60's Pontiac. Also if I don't find the taillights at the flea market this weekend, I will be buying a set of six lights from a 65' impala from the same guy. A little more than I wanted to spend but I have a lot of aluminum to fashion something to mount them on. I will be posting photos tomorrow of what's done.

Latest posts

Back