skateboard/longboard holder?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure I saw one online somewhere, but cant seem to find anything about it now....does anyone know of, or have seen a longboard holder for a bike?

I really want to put one on my norco....carrying the board is a PITA.

i was thinking about working on one....i dont skate a longboard though, so im guessing it will be a little easier to mount my skate...with the longboard you would probably wanna go vertical or youd eat it hitting a mailbox or car or something....but when i get home this week maybe ill start trying to hook something up.

Ive done this for a mate. I used a continental kit for lowriders, just dont use the 16" wheel.

540000.jpg

Slims, heres a little something you might check out. Surf racks from Electra bicycles.

Surf Racks

Carver Surf Rack (longboard)
Code: 368431
Weight: 6.00
Price: $109.99
In Stock
Quantity in Basket: none

Carver Surf Rack (shortboard)
Code: 368430
Weight: 6.00
Price: $89.99
In Stock
Quantity in Basket: none

The Carvers are probably some of the best made side mount board racks for bikes I've seen. Electra became the North American distributor for them some time ago. The problem with a longboard on a side rack is wind, it can lead to some really hairy situations, even trucks going by at high speed like on the 101 byt the beach here.

As an alternative check out these top mounts for a bike

http://www.acgsurfracks.com/

cman,

Those are only good for shortboards or possibly a hybrid size board at best, the windsail problem is worse on that style as you move the sail vertically.

There are trailer options like the link below, which gets the longboard on its side which is much more desirable

http://www.wheele.biz/

cman, that is a nice looking rear rack in that pictures. too bad the surfboard holder thing is ugly. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back