Skinny Tire Cruiser Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slowriderz said:
do we have any "rules" or we just going free for all , skinny tires being the only must have feature?

Skinny Tire Cruiser. This ain't the Overweight Wannabe Roadie Build Off. :p I was thinking along the lines of you can have gears, or you can have a drop bar, but you can't have both. (I won't have either) :|

deorman said:
Davidbrake put out the challenge, skinny tires and coaster brake is where it was going :| , but like, 8) hey man, whatever. :lol:

Yep skinny tire and coasty is the only rules!

Well alright then. This build off is for real, and I think this is the build thread.

Here's a 53 CWC, new was a Roadmaster or a Western Flyer. After stripping it down, I'll be adding skinny tires, coaster brake, AND gears all at the same time. Different wheels of course. It should top out at about 30mph. Girlie approves.

24bosva.jpg

I have a set of Panaracer High Road V City Tires coming from Nashbar, 26 x 1.50 and pretty inexpensive.

New goodies came in the mail. I'm going to be using this rat trap springer.
null_zps9ce22217.jpg

null_zps536910ce.jpg

The other build offs have separate threads, but I don't know how that's set up. Whoever got this thing going might know.

slowriderz said:
I will get a standard build thread up in the morning. I do suppose it would make things much easier to follow. We can just check in here for the heckles, kudos and general build banter

Great. Yeah I set it up but I'm not sure how it's done. Can you throw a link on here when it is done?

Latest posts

Back