Skiptooth Surprise,PICS!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a friend that who is mentally disabled, that builds bikes to sell much as he can, and he will call me alot of times to buy stuff from him, for instance I got this one from him 79 Spitfire 5 speed drum brake
101_9032.jpg

But anyways back to my thoughts He called me yesterday about an old bike he has for $25 I ask him to describe it ,he says its like a really old roadbike with a curved top tube and big fat wheels and the sprocket has big spaces between the teeth :shock: attention is peaked, So I will check this out today, wish me luck!!

Re: Skiptooth Surprise

I think all of our ears perk up when we here that. Good luck! If it is really a skiptooth the chain is probably worth 4 times the price.

I will post pics tomorrow but it looks like a 30's Elgin with aircooled hub wrong front wheel (Schwinn 24") very rusty chain. Frame ,fork, spring seat and lucky 7 seat post,dogleg crank,rusty pedals, wrong sprocket ( I think) bars,stem truss bar bracket, frame has been welded by thr crank and has a crack where the bolt goes thru the frame for the seat post.......score!!!

Gold Street Customs said:
I will post pics tomorrow but it looks like a 30's Elgin with aircooled hub wrong front wheel (Schwinn 24") very rusty chain. Frame ,fork, spring seat and lucky 7 seat post,dogleg crank,rusty pedals, wrong sprocket ( I think) bars,stem truss bar bracket, frame has been welded by thr crank and has a crack where the bolt goes thru the frame for the seat post.......score!!!

Sounds like it's already a rat rod. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back