skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well i have to say, i could barely crawl my butt outta bed this morning to officially enter the rrbbo number 5. 2 of my dearest friends got married last night (me being the best man, and my better 1/2 the maid of honor.)
things got a little outta hand, as they sometimes do at weddings and we all found ourselves in the clink.
(left to right- our beautiful bride laura,the groom,trevor. na and myself, and john and amanda in the furest cell)
28383_428389586256_517881256_575104.jpg

needless to say i must have been excited to start this build off considering i feel like i got ran over by a 1970's front engine dragster! (wink wink nudge nudge, say no more, say no more. :) )
my entry a 1970's cougar mx 500. a stepping stone of the every poplular sears moto bikes.

IMG_3165.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_1167-1.jpg

my mission for this build, to break free from the norm. to put it to ya and get ya think outside the box. :)

i'll be eagerly following all of your builds . wanna wish everybody the best of luck!

build well, or die trying! :)

Re: skull-osis (name pending)

this is my early pick. i love everything about this bike so far

Yo Leigh, i'd seen your previous post showing that frame, but it wasn't until you showed the entire bike that it hit me. My buddy (as a kid) used to have the exact bike, which we used to jump over the hood of a car. We set up a ramp consisting of a 2x12, 2 tires, a 2nd 2x12, and 4 tires. 8) He fell off the ramp the 1st time, so I hopped on, got up a head of steam, and launched it, cleared the car, and landed it smack down on both wheels! Wasnt until I went to ride away that I realised that i'd completely sheared the cotter pin for the pedal arm in half, leaving both pedals parallel to each other :lol:
Didn't mean to hi-jack ur thread buddy, but thanks for bringing back the memory!
I noticed the "name pending", how bout a couple suggestions?
MX-Mayhem
Raleigh Rail
Twisted Metal (wait, that might be copyrighted lol)
Happy to see you and Hsean are representing Ontario this year, all i've found to work with (so far) is, suprise, yet ANOTHER schwinn cruiser frame :roll:, and i've already built 2 of those for build offs.
Rick
P.S. Still trying to figure out if I can get to the bike show down by your end of the province this year.

i have to say after looking through the entries this year, i have a feeling this will be the best build off yet. you guys are on your game. xddorox i cant believe how far you are on your build already. you's a mad man. :lol:
early picks,tonnes of cool entries, i'm feeling the pressure.or perhaps its the tail end of my hangover. :)
rick thats a cool story and i'm glad you shared it. spent many a day jumping cars on skateboards, but i've never jumped a car with a bike. you's a mad man also!

this frame is a raleigh built frame also, tagged for canadian tire stores. all raleigh parts,cranks etc. just outta curiosity, how much was the raleigh frame aka joe?

karfer, your really stickin it too me with this early pick. the presure, the presures too much :lol: :lol: , i'll do my best to make ya proud. 8)
and on that note, my mock up pic's for those who are yet to see em.
IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3169-1.jpg

i'm just hoping i have enough time to complete this build before august. my next 2 months are a little crazy stupid!

thats the bike to a t. man i would love to get my hands on another set of those forks.
thats what i used on the indiain't. (extended an inch or so to fit the 24's).

Ohh nice, I was actualy debating at first on entering my 70's motocross full suspention bmx in the build but picked one of my firestones since I never use it I decided to make it pretty so I do. I look foward to seeing your great build come togeather!

Great Job! I'll have to admit I was concerned at the beginning.

Cool.

Looks like you might be drifting into "Freakbike" territory!! :lol: Don't stop! :mrgreen:

ran into my first issue/snag. the top of my seat stem is narrower than the rest of the tube.
anyhoo, the pieces i had for the steering tube/stem, are all too small. quick fix will be to lob off the top of the seat tube and purchase new tubing. i'm just hoping i can find it with the correct inner and outer diameter.

aka joe, i'm hoping to get the wheelie bars welded up in the next couple days. soon as i do, i'll get ya a riding video without a front wheel :shock: :shock: :shock:

freak bike, naw its a funny bike. (aka dragular) :lol:

oh boy did i luck out with this mornings trash! found myself a modern stingray front rim. (18")
since my rear rim is alum. with black spokes, its a perfect match. even the tires have matching tread.
IMG_3182.jpg

only have a couple hours this morning to work on the bike.(gotta get the time in when i can) kept it simple,
mounted a stem nut inside my skull

IMG_3176-1.jpg

and cut down my fork stem to mount it.
IMG_3181.jpg

This is definitely my favorite so far. Have you thought about a spring return set-up for the steering?

Oh, and congrats on the recycling! That was a good bit of luck.

JoKeR63 said:
This is definitely my favorite so far. Have you thought about a spring return set-up for the steering?

not until 2 min's ago

onelesspedestrian said:
what size is that front wheel? is that off a racing wheelchair or something? Lookin' good!

its an 18" rim from a little kids 16" stingray.
413GFGV462L__SL500_.jpg

the other front wheel is an old 20x1/38 off a boys raleigh avenger (muscle bike with banana seat and 3 speed grip shifter)
the rims a bigger than a standard 20" rim

Latest posts

Back