skull-o sis (lights, camera, devilution! )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: skull-o sis (name pending)

steer it with the throttle (pedals). front tire wont be on the ground that much anyhow.

took a trip to princess auto and found little tie rod ends for my steering linkage in the hydrolic department. (thanks for the idea stretch)
IMG_3448.jpg

problem was i needed 4 and all the common/imperial sized only had 3ach on the shelf.
i ended up getting 4 that fit 8m 1.25 threaded rod (metric) and do you think i can find the threaded rod i need? oh no it wouldn't be that easy. lol

after driving to 5 different locations, i gave up and headed home. 1/2 hour on the phone and i finally tracked some down.

gonna pick it up today and start cracking on the steering set up. goal is to test drive the bike by early next week.

been trying to come up with a new name for the build. horror related with a touch of racing.

here's a couple i've come up with.

shake, rattle and rot.
hellbound 17 1/2 (big primus fan)
terror on 2
in mourning
old bones
none of them have stuck. :cry:
so if ya have a good horror related racing name your not using, i'd love to hear it.

Poltergasser? Maybe this bike is more of a dragster, I don't know it just popped up so I thought I might as well post it. :|

Galtbacken said:
Poltergasser? Maybe this bike is more of a dragster, I don't know it just popped up so I thought I might as well post it. :|

not bad at all, but i'm not so sure it's "the one!" :)

I like the name you have...try to keep the skull theme in the name because your bike is covered in them.

good looking tie rod ends, now ya just need to show us the steering! :D

stretch said:
good looking tie rod ends, now ya just need to show us the steering! :D
paitience young grasshopper, one must learn to walk before they can run. :)

all in due time my friend, first i have to figure out how i'm gonna do it. :)

haha just look at set-ups for dragsters, youll find your answer there. :D

dragula II maybe flat out naming a bike after a hot rod is a bit fop-aw. unless you say tribute that is :D but wasn't there a dragula II as well?

karfer67 said:
dragula II maybe flat out naming a bike after a hot rod is a bit fop-aw. unless you say tribute that is :D but wasn't there a dragula II as well?

not if you name it after the song named after the car :wink:

one step forward, 2 steps back.lol

with it being a long weekend, there was a lot of beer drinking going on and not much progress with the bike. :)

i did finish the ribs, but thats about as far as i got.
i also cut the brackett from my speedometer. managed to remove it without ruining the paint, but after a few attemps at patching up the paint where the brackett was connected, i decided to start over.
wire wheeled all my hard work.
oh well should be better the second time round, now i've had some practice.

picture of the finished ribs
2iaa6om.jpg

so hopefully i'll have this beast riding by the end of the week (not finished, just riding)
i started on the steering early this morning (girls friends back outta town on business)
i've changed the plan a little due to crank/sprocket clearance issues. gonna run the steering on one side only.
i switched up to larger tie rod ends. there connected by a 3/8" hardened threaded rod, sleeved with the same square tubing i used on the forks.
2zf73g4.jpg

to connect the steering rod to the forks, i've used a piece of mild steel bent in my vise. to increase strength, the fork blot passes through one end, while the other will be welded to the bottom on the fork tube.
2j4puld.jpg

and the other end.
5zgrqw.jpg

i'm just a jonez'n to pull my first wheelie!

Latest posts

Back