Skunkworks Klunker FINISHED 11/28

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Skunkworks Klunker

Decided on using another pair of forks for my front end, this will save time and allow me to have front brakes as well. The only thing I'll have to fab up is something to connect the fork dropouts and some kind of clamp to mount the steer tube to the handlebars. After that I'm pretty much done.
bikes-17.jpg

Re: Skunkworks Klunker

necessaryevil said:
Decided on using another pair of forks for my front end, this will save time and allow me to have front brakes as well. The only thing I'll have to fab up is something to connect the fork dropouts and some kind of clamp to mount the steer tube to the handlebars. After that I'm pretty much done.
bikes-17.jpg
Just drop a neck in there! Looks interesting!

Re: Skunkworks Klunker UPDATE 11/24

The prototype craft is almost complete. Front landing gear is complete and operating well. The power plant is installed but a high strength chain is needed to deliver the immense power to the back wheel.
bikes115.jpg

bikes116.jpg

The Groom Lake runway was lengthened to 6 miles to accomodate the high speed craft. First test flight will be on time as predicted: 11/30/08
area51-over.jpg

Re: Skunkworks Klunker UPDATE 11/24

Looking good. Hope I get to catch the landing.

Clever front end design. I hope the test flight is a success. Keep a close eye on the instrument panel. :D

Elvis asked for some more pics of the front forks, so here you go. The main forks are Monark springer type, the flat black forks are 24" 10 speed forks. I cut about 4 inches off the steer tube and then put a cheapo 1 inch stem in it to connect to the lower part of the bars. The stem on the monark forks is a 1 inch BMX style where the front is held by 4 allen bolts.
bikes084-2.jpg

bikes083-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back