Slow Motion Build #28949594 Spaceliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up on the local CL a week or so ago.... thought I'd do another start to a build..

let's see if I can finish this one in a sort of timely fashion...

Tried my first citric acid bath last night with it.. bath tub is clean
bike.. not so much... not sure if I was expecting a miracle with this, but the result was not what I was expecting. The paint came off for the most part on the frame.. the forks not so much.. also one of the springer arms had a slight bend in it, so I remedied that with a vise.. looks perfect again.

after some sanding with steel wool I can see there is allot of good chrome left, on one side anyway.

posted some pics of it on FB and found out a friend does powder coating for cheap..So now he's going to see what kind of prep I'll need to do to the frame and fork to prepare it for some fresh powder.. going to have it done in chrome again.

Some parts are showing up already so this build actually looks promising haha.. we'll see

got some parts in.. then cash ran out... so putting off the strip/powder coating for now... kinda like it with the age showing tho.. will ride it and keep cleaning it up until then.. if I decide to go that rout...

stuff
14699407_10157597040815181_1677179219_o.jpg

cleaned and replaced some stuff with shinier stuff
14697107_10157597038710181_742346208_o.jpg

thrown together
14689978_10157597037270181_388747093_o.jpg

still need some other stuff, and stuff needs adjusted
14658158_10157597036565181_1879301816_n.jpg

but I am really digging this on a personal level... so far so sorta ok ;)

Last edited:
Nice call indeed... wanted something metal, but was thinking rat-traps until you mentioned bear-traps... plus I've never owned a set and trying new stuff out on this build

took it for a quick spin today and snapped some pics... then rode it to work.. and the chain snapped.. (and remember me mentioning i needed to adjust stuff? Well I forgot to do the final tighten on the entire front end) the bars went down, and turned left as the wheel turned right.
I was adjusted... ;P
O01.jpg
O02.jpg
O03.jpg

I love Spaceliners they just scream the 60's, yours is sweet.

weird, shows up full in two different browsers for me
try refreshing it
I have to upload pictures, to this site only, in Chrome. Photo-bucket if I don't feel like leaving Firefox

I was gonna say decepticonish, but wasn't sure that was right. Haven't seen transformers since I was a kid.
I know there are recent movies, but haven't seen them. I'm more of a horror/psychological thriller fan.

A fan of this bike too, one of the nicest tankless liners I've seen.

Latest posts

Back