"SNOT ROCKET" (done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm IN! I was doing a "Winter" build, but you guys are having to much FUN! So, that one's OUT and this one's IN. I've got a Flightliner, from a neighbor, last year. This is the one that sat outside for at least 12 years, so it's got a little, teensy bit o' RUST. Nothing moves on this bike. Springer is out.....Seat tube will be replaced. This one will be "SLAMMED" low (if I can find another fork)......So if anyone would like to sell 27 inch fork (road bike),PM or email me. Steering tube on fork MUST be at least 6 1/2 inches long.

HERE COMES "SNOT ROCKET"

Right now he's DEEP inside the sinuses of our Solar System, preparing to be jettisoned where no "snot" has gone before.
001-5.jpg

Re: "SNOT ROCKET"

Frame won't be altered that much, I don't want to change the lines of the frame. The seat tube is so rusted, so I want to replce it in the same position. And yes it's gonna be GREEN............I might even get some runs in the paint!

Switched some parts out today. I won't be using that fork, steering tube is to short. New fork will probably be bent just a "hair" less. There will be braces to support it..........I can't believe all the QUICK responses I recieved from people, when I inquired about another fork................Gotta love this place. Oh yeah, I'm waiting for a matching front tire, should be here this week.
003B.jpg

With supports "painted"in.

your bike is the bees knees i love it those handle bars are really keen are those raceing handle bars upside down :D :D

Hey jesusfreak86, thanks for the comments. The bars are from a Sears "Spyder 500".

Sensor, I was thinking 3 colors of primer, green, red (rust) and black. I was thinking my last couple of builds had either NO paint or were in primer. They also had no guards or fenders.............Maybe I'm just getting LAZY!

see Kota! arent you glad i made you bend that fork that much!!! lol lookin good man!!! im diggin it!

Easy E

Not that it don't look mean already, but if you flip the rear triangle like adapt(I think) has a write-up on here about, that thing would have a wicked low stance. I mean you're already cutting out the seatpost tube right? :wink:

BrigmasterA said:
Not that it don't look mean already, but if you flip the rear triangle like adapt(I think) has a write-up on here about, that thing would have a wicked low stance. I mean you're already cutting out the seatpost tube right? :wink:
Thanks for the "mean" comment! :D But right NOW there's only be about 2 1/2 inches of clearance for the pedals, and that's with a 6 in crank. I opted to lower the front. If I "also" use Adapts' method of lowering the back the bike won't be rideable, you can't do BOTH, the bottom bracket would have to be moved. Therefore changing the entire geometry of the frame. I really like the lines on this frame ESPECIALLY with the rear carrier. This is just another way of lowering a bike (simple). I've done a few STRETCHed bikes before, and what I've learned is "Ya gotta do the math", so you don't have any unexpected surprises. I've looked at your Stretch Liner and so far it looks like it will be perfect, but before you do the final mock up (welding) make sure everything's gonna work. :wink:..............Thanks!

KOTA said:
BrigmasterA said:
Thanks for the "mean" comment! :D But right NOW there's only be about 2 1/2 inches of clearance for the pedals, and that's with a 6 in crank. I opted to lower the front. If I "also" use Adapts' method of lowering the back the bike won't be rideable, you can't do BOTH, the bottom bracket would have to be moved. Therefore changing the entire geometry of the frame. I really like the lines on this frame ESPECIALLY with the rear carrier. This is just another way of lowering a bike (simple). I've done a few STRETCHed bikes before, and what I've learned is "Ya gotta do the math", so you don't have any unexpected surprises. I've looked at your Stretch Liner and so far it looks like it will be perfect, but before you do the final mock up (welding) make sure everything's gonna work. :wink:..............Thanks!
Good call... I came to bikes from a car background where you lowered front and rear... I haven't done anything set in stone on the stretch yet... Wednesday evening and maybe most the day saturday will be my next big work days on it... I may have to use some shorter cranks on it... We'll find out. :mrgreen: But thanks for the tip. I've been known to rush ahead and not think things through on projects then have to undo stuff and start over... :roll:

Just so ya know..........I was using this set up on a "Winter" build bike. The math didn't work out on that frame. :oops: So that's why I'm using this frame. It's a little LONGER and slightly HIGHER. I've got the crank and pedals on it now, and the pedals "spin", with a little room to spare, at a full downward extension.

Now according to my expert calculations it seems as though you now have an extra rattrap springer with truss rods just layin around. :mrgreen: Wanna share???

Latest posts

Back