Snubbed by snotty Road Bikers!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit they sure have some purdy costumes they wear! I should weld a big push bar on the front of my trike so when they go by I can just go down the drive and ram em. I live on a river road so they are going by my place ALL summer long. Funny as soon as it gets chilly they stop riding!

Re:

karfer67 said:
it is funny how ever once and awhile a road type comes in the shop with their bike wearing full spandex and how they have this momentary look of horror on their face seeing that there are mostly cruisers in the shop along with the vintage stuff we have. then i go up and greet them and i will be honest you have all seen me i am a slightly scruffy individual and deff not their type. but it is funny how most of the time we start reminicing about old bikes and they end up with a smile on their face. a few have even returned and bought their own cruisers so in a sense i think of it as turning them from the dark side where they think that bikes are all about performance and efficency. they take a look at my customs and ask "why build that?" i say "because it is cool and efficency be darned."

That's awesome stuff. :wink:

your story applies to some bikeshop owners as well. like when i ask them to respoke and true a 60s sears spyder wheel or ask them to cut and rethread a fork for my 40 schwinn rod - i get the royal treatment alright. i feel like a hobo when walking through their racks of $1000+++ bikes/frames. AND the few night rides we had in town. i was always the only one with a vintage bike. no one would talk to me but the old men who "had one like it" when they were kids. i guess there's social order in everything.

I am SOOOOO Frickin glad I found this site! I am so glad to see I am not the only outcast in life. I don't like new things at all, (unless a gift) I don't like anything to be stock, my things ALL have to be different. Heck even my riding lawnmower is personalized. I hate conforming to anything society throws my way. I work as a Youth Mentor, and I constantly tell my kids to use their creative power to make things like YOU want them, and not what everyone else thinks it should be. In ANY walk of life there are people who snub, and put their noses in the air. Those are the ones, I just love to make a point of P'ing off. I just hope everyone here continues to Dare to be Different, and stick it to those "sheep" that have nothing in life to do, but be a follower, and scared to death to be unique, and their own man (or woman)!

back in the day i can remember taking my schwinn typhoon into a LBS that shall remain unnamed. they looked at me like i was naked because i was on a cruiser and not wearing spandex. oh yea i was not wearing a helmet so i guess i was not arrow dynamic. ever since that day i have been basicly cruiser only and love working at a shop that is basicly the total flip of other shops. it is irronic though that in recent years these other shops are now trying to be "hip" and will carry some cruisers maybe even have one rusty one in the window.

Man I know it should not, but that can piss me off faster than anything.There are ........ in every hobby that take the fun out.It is their only claim to fame & runs their entire life.That it how it is in Vintage VW's also.I chop cut rebuild everything I get.The key word here is MINE! We need to remember to welcome new guys like we do.That was one of the first things I noticed about RRB.Rich,Poor,Black,White, Green,Homeless,Homefull,Ugly,Pretty,male ,female,Male & female,Limbs missing,extra limbs,big,little,or whatever else you can come up with.Everyone is welcome here.Just because you can afford a more expensive bike does not make you a better person. Sorry for sounding off like that,but this is a touchy subject with me.

i will even welcome the "spandex roadies" but your gunna get some crap. my good friend and LBS owner has a $2000. mountain bike but it is last years model and had some scratches and dings on it. so he picked it up from the factory for around $500. so that saved face when i was told how much it was worth.

there are chopper bikes and old school bikes in this price range also and i ask myself WHY. even with no idea of what you are doing you could build a bike from scratch way more cool then most on the market for a 1/3 of the cost or less

Latest posts

Back