SO-LOWKO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been busy with other projects and haven't had time to post any new pics. Forks have been cut and shorten, rear of frame is welded back together, head tube has been extended to fit the triple trees, cutting crank arms now and shortening them about 2" for ground clearance and hoping to aleast ride it around this weekend. We might just make it to the GET-A-GRIP show, in Cleveland, Tn, yet! It won't be painted, but it will be there!

Good to see you back on the site bike looks good with dropped rear . You cut the seat stays then reattached at dropouts? Very cool more photos.

XC204 said:
Good to see you back on the site bike looks good with dropped rear . You cut the seat stays then reattached at dropouts? Very cool more photos.

Yeah pretty much. I cut 3" out of the seat stays and pulled the bottom tubes up to them. That is why the back looks raked and aggressive. Got the cranks cut and welded back together. Pedals are the next challenge. Its rolling and took some time off to finish painting my other bike so I will have something to ride at the GET A GRIP show tomorrow. I post pics of SOLOCO coasting the event. This is my first bike show and i will say im pretty freak'n excited!

20130323_142919_zpsfe13aed0.jpg

It wasn't completely done, but SO-LOWKO coasted around the show just fine. Time to tweak the crank arms, make some pedal, and get ready to take it apart for paint!

Its been a couple months since I posted and things have been crazy. I haven't had a chance to do anything to SO-LOWKO, but I have definitely got all my friends excited about buildings bikes. "CopperTone" has been sold SO-LOWKO is in the corner and I'm working on 4 bikes(build threads coming) for friends! I have been renting a old full service gas station where we have been playing w/hot rods. We now have more bikes than cars. The shop is located in very flat historic downtown Oliver Springs, Tn. We have been asked to head up the car event for the "October Sky" festival and I have convinced the committee to include bikes and models! So it looks like "October Sky presents RODtober fest which is sponsored by Rodstalgia.com" will be happening on Oct 19, 2013! Hope some of you can make it?! I wiil post in the events area when I get the flyer finished. Also feel free to friend us at Rodstalgia Speed on Facebook!

Latest posts

Back