SOUL CATCHER (final stretch!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SOUL CATCHER

Thanks Tin. I actually thought the forks was froze up when I started the build but I figured oh well they still look cool but I figured out once i took the test ride that there just real stiff. Ive always liked red and black so it only seemed right to go with that for my first build off bike and I plan on using it as one of my flagship bikes ( my wifes being the other) so I wanted it to stand out. still not sure about the headlight but its mounting bolt has become a structure point of the front fork

dragnusa said:
tossing around ideas of how to power the headlight, anyone got any ideas its a 12 volt offroad light

See Double Nickle's build from last year.

I know my build would be slowing to a crawl but its coming to a stop till i find a new scrap yard to shop at, I went out to the scrapyard I usually get my stuff from and the owner told me he closed his doors and sold out to a big recycling company in the area

yoothgeye said:
You never really know what you got till it's gone.
Thats so true, he was one of my main places I got part bikes cheap and was only a mile outside of town, I can still get them from the company that bought him out. but will have to pay more and drive further

dragnusa said:
yoothgeye said:
You never really know what you got till it's gone.
Thats so true, he was one of my main places I got part bikes cheap and was only a mile outside of town, I can still get them from the company that bought him out. but will have to pay more and drive further

We have scrap places around here, but everything gets crushed and there is no picking. Luckily the scrap guys around here bring me bikes before they take their load to the scrapper.

Since this build has slowed down alot I actually got 2 other builds completed but got some ideas for soul catcher while working on the other bikes

Ok dug around all my halloween props for a small resin skull I could carve out to cover the big bolt for the headlight to no avail. Then I was standing there thinking of where it could have gotten to when I seen a box of my stuff from when we moved last year so I looked to see what I had in it. I came across this and put it on the bike
soulcatcherdragon.jpg

Ive had the dragon head or should say drachen head for about 16 years now and is pretty much unreplaceable, I cant bring myself to paint it to match but I like how the tips of the ears match the width of the lower part of the bars

Peatbog said:
dragnusa said:
Peatbog said:
So it's a drag bike--a green drag-on bike. Okay, that wasn't very good. Carry on...
LOL Peatbog have you been working on your drag bike to much lately?

Yes.

I like crazy headbadges like that dragon. Last year Jake used a rodent head with sunglasses and an Afro. It was so just plain crazy you just had to keep looking at it. And that made it even sillier. There was no build up to the thing appearing--all of a sudden it was just there. It still cracks me up.

Yep, I like crazy head badges.
With the headlight I didnt have any room for a normal head badge :) I am going to do some badges for it out of the brass pieces

Stepping away from soul catcher for a few days to spend time with family that came in for a few days. Maybe ill come back to it with some fresh ideas. And I have to figure out why it sounds like the crank is hitting the kickstand when it clears it fine.

looking good! On the headlight... a lot of builders are taking the guts out of led flashlights etc and mounting them in the old headlights. Check youtube for some cool ideas on that.

Latest posts

Back