Space Liner Frame Size. How do i tell if it is a 24 inch wheel size or a 26?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a frame here locally that has no wheels. I have no way to tell if it is a 24 inch or 26 inch wheeled version from the pictures. Is there any way to tell. id hate to get it home and find it is a 24.

Frame/Springer fork and it is the chrome model. It could be another offbrand too, the decor on center of the chainring is missing, no rear rack and the chainguard appears to not be original as it doesnt say spaceliner. Perhaps an offbrand of the spaceliner. There were a few that used that same frame.

Guy is asking $100 which i think is a bit steep. I just want to know how to tell if it is 26 or 24 inch.

IMO, that's expensive for just a frame, but these things vary. I have a 26" woman's frame and the seat tube top to BB center and the BB center to the axle seat in the drop out are both about 18.5".

looks to be wrong chainguard....wrong fenders...at least the front and the rear is missing the tail light reflector......

Attachments

• spaceliner.JPG
    spaceliner.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 226
bring a measuring tape with you, if you can't find an easy 13" from the dropout slot to the inside of the fender...not a 26". Such bikes are a rarity around here...so, I'd snag it in a second. I'd offer less, but I'd snag it :grin:.

Jason

Inside of the fender at any point? I guess that would make the most sense. That front fork looks awfully short but i guess maybe it would with this type of springer fork as the wheel mounts down farther and in front. I have always wanted a spaceliner and i dont want a prestine one. Those are for collectors. I want a rider. This looks like a good start. Do they use standard ballooner/cruiser sized wheels that take a 26x1.75 up to a 26x2.125? I dont think this frame can take a 2.125 and still run the fenders and i realize that it came with 26x1.75 but......i am more referring to the ISO 559 standard size.

I think the saddle is wrong as well....not that it matters.....but i thought the womens only came in white.

I'm running 2.125s on mine and you could fit fenders, but nothing too bulky. It's the seat stay clearance that's tightest, mainly at the sides of the rear tire:

22448441_10155233591908191_6813164902347551815_n.jpg

I am going to try and go look at it this weekend. I have a feeling the guy selling it wont budge from $100 on it. He claims it isnt his and he is selling for a friend.

Latest posts

Back