spaceliner build updates

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It looks like it's time to start gathering parts, just picked up a JC Higgins Spaceliner frame. I've got to find some rims and springer forks. For now it's getting the forks from my Murray. I've got a crank and sprocket. Since it has no paint and doesn't look dinged up I might just clear coat the frame. What is the bracket about center way on the down tube for?
Kenny
jc-higgins.jpg

Re: spaceliner build

26"

Re: spaceliner build (new pictures)

My Spaceliner frame came today. I started test fitting my parts tonight. I was given a heavy duty Emory bike today I got the pedals, rear rim, handlebars, stem, off the Emory. I need to get my tires I'm using a blackwall Nirve 2.125 and I've got to decide on the front tire. If I don't like the look I'm going to replace the front rim with a 26". The 27" was free so I'll give it a try. Hopefully I can buy tires this weekend.
My intent is to make it look like a drag bike.

img_2283.jpg

img_2282.jpg

Re: spaceliner build

Put some meat on the back today a 2.35 tire. Just need to get a front tire and tube.
img_2290.jpg

img_2294.jpg

img_2292.jpg

Re: spaceliner build New Pictures

Looks good...I like that tire! :mrgreen:

The tire is a Hutchinson Lowrider 26x2.35 I bought it at Walmart $27.00 I wanted a NIrve flame thread, but the Hutchinson Lowrider fits my drag bike theme perfectly.
Kenny

Picked up a front tire and tube today. It's a Bell Kevlar touring tire the tread looks vintage instead of the slick 27" ten speed tires. Picked it up on clearance for $9.00 at Dicks
Still got to get the chain length and head bearings and races sorted out. Hopefully I'll take her for a ride this week. My worn out Brooks seat should come tomorrow.
Kenny
img_2295.jpg

img_2296.jpg

img_2297.jpg

img_2299.jpg

My two toys

Back tire is a 26 x 2.35
It's all a Spaceliner can handle without modifications.
Kenny

Looking good ,I really like these frames! 8) :mrgreen:

Re: spaceliner build It's finished

I just finished the Spaceliner. Now I just need to wax all the fingerprints off. :mrgreen:
Here's some pictures beside my 68 Shelby KR
Kenny
img_2318.jpg

img_2320.jpg

img_2321.jpg

Now that's patina.
img_2323.jpg

Gorgeous bike, as is the Shelby.

Did you keep the 27" rim up front?

Just when I was thinkin' maybe I should sell my Spaceliner rat, you go and do this.......... :wink:
NIce job! Looks like that 27 front barely makes it; is there still a springer in the future? If you are waiting for 'just the right one', how about some truss rods on that fork?

Back