spaceliner ques???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In stock form you will not have enough clearance if you talking 24x3. I put a Kenda Flame 24x3 on mine but had to extend the rear dropouts to squeeze it in there. Even kicking it back approx. 3" it's still a tight fit.

Sweet. I remember seeing your build. I just recently pick this up so wanna get it ready for the summer. I'm gonna have to make dropouts somehow. Lol. But that's my plan, slap 24x3 thick bricks on it. I'm also gonna keep it chrome but use headlight tint on the frame give it a gray/gunmetal look.

Yep. Got to make some extended dropouts. I did them for my RRBBO4 bike, the Starliner.

I made mine using 3/16 aluminum plate. 2 pieces on each side, with a relief cutout for the factory dropout to be sandwiched between, and epoxied and bolted into place. NO welding or destruction to the stock frame. Did the same up front.

Dboy, its great to here you got a Spaceliner and you want to fat tire it!

Pick's extensions have a rocking cool look and I don't think I remember Dangratsdan's very cool extended drop out front and rear (Awesome stance!!)

Something else to consider, the Spaceliner (and my Eliminator too) have a larger dropout that you can extend the axle slot. That's what I did to my Spaceliner to get (basically) a 29er (45mm (~1.75) x 700) to fit on to it.
IMG_4641II.jpg

You might need more width but it might be something to consider.
My Wife's Spaceliner easily fits 26x2.125 tires without fenders or mods
IMG_0581.jpg

Best of Luck
Be sure to post pictures of your build!
Steve

Latest posts

Back