Speed Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awsome build dude!
really looking forward to the end result!
good luck
nick

Its a long way to go before "perfect" Alba.. :D

Been doing some finishing work on the frame, i went to the dark side and bondo'ed up the worst bits and painted it with grey primer.. sanded it down to almost bare metal and started to add different shades of grey with a brush, more sanding etc.. I'll be doing that for a while until i think it looks good.. After that i'll dust it here and there with browns and black to fake dirt and grime..

Painted the fairing to but as you can see the lower part needs to be sanded down to match the upper part..

paint001.jpg

You know what would be cool? It's a speed bike, right? Get some of that Christmas fake snow you spray on windows and add "salt spray" as if it ran a few high speed runs on the salt flats!

Well you have inspired Scott K, he wants me to get a Mig welder and teach him to weld.

This is how it turned out.. Paint and rust..! :D And the light is mounted to.. Haven't wired it up, not even sure if it works but it looks good i think..

teaser001.jpg

I just sprayed it with some vinegar, then rinsed it of and went over everything with a rag with some olive oil on it..

teaser002.jpg

Fake bird poop.. Cant be a barnfind without some bird poop.. :D

teaser003.jpg

I have collected a lot of nice stickers but right now i'm thinking of just keeping it as it is..

K-dregg said:
This is how it turned out.. Paint and rust..! :D And the light is mounted to.. Haven't wired it up, not even sure if it works but it looks good i think..

teaser001.jpg

I just sprayed it with some vinegar, then rinsed it of and went over everything with a rag with some olive oil on it..

teaser002.jpg

teaser003.jpg

I have collected a lot of nice stickers but right now i'm thinking of just keeping it as it is..

GENIAL!

Far out man that is serioulsy awesomeness!
Looks like it's going 100mph sitting there.

race number? :wink:

K-dregg said:

teaser001.jpg

teaser002.jpg

teaser003.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: thats all i have to say

cobrafreak said:
I really like it a lot. You had better post a good video of it in action and a walk-around. Sweet!
+1

amazing work dude! really enjoyed watching this build :D

Bro I watched all of this post about 5 times and I'm stuned.
The cherry on top is the aging effect.
How did you do that?
Ya said vinegar and olive oil and stuff, but who does it work?
I'd like that on my board tracker..
Thanks a lot and keep rollin'

Thanks you guys for all the kind words, i really appreciate it.. :D

Stocksucks.. The product i used is similar to vinegar but much stronger, i got it at the grocery store.. I tried google translate but it just said vinegar..
I think that old grannys use it to pickle stuff like cucumbers with it after they dilute it. But it's pretty strong, if you smell it it cleans up your sinuses really well the same way amoniak does..
This is how i did it. First I sanded down the frame and fairing, it seems to bite better if the surface is a bit rugged up. Then i just sprayed on the vinegar and let it sit outside for about six-seven hours. After that i rinsed of the vinegar with hot water to stop the process.. Yes it will rust more but the vinegar speeds it up so i want to keep it in check!
The oil is just to give it some shine and to protect the surface from moisture, plus oily metal feels kinda nice to the touch.. :D I just used olive oil, thats what i had home.. I guess you could clearcoat it to..

Parts that are painted wont be affected so it might be a good idea to leave important load bearing parts on your bike painted if you get my drift.. :lol:

Apparently you can get the same result with salt water but i havent tried that.. Good luck! :D

Latest posts

Back