Speed Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i still need to hook stuff up engine vise.. I shortened the trottle wire so i need to solder on a small nub on the end it to make it work, i need to hook up the front brake and clutch.. I ordered some nice looking brake/cluth levers last night so i need them to do that.. And a killswitch.. :D So the bike is "done" in the looks department but there's still some loose ends..
Then there's the weather.. We had a bit of thaw in the week, wich froze last night and now its coated with fresh snow.. You can barely walk..

But when i get it running i promise i will post a vid of it in all it's sputtering glory! :D

K-dregg said:
Well i still need to hook stuff up engine vise.. I shortened the trottle wire so i need to solder on a small nub on the end it to make it work, i need to hook up the front brake and clutch.. I ordered some nice looking brake/cluth levers last night so i need them to do that.. And a killswitch.. :D So the bike is "done" in the looks department but there's still some loose ends..
Then there's the weather.. We had a bit of thaw in the week, wich froze last night and now its coated with fresh snow.. You can barely walk..

But when i get it running i promise i will post a vid of it in all it's sputtering glory! :D

I used to solder my own cable ends. Frustratingly, half the time they broke off. Now I go to Kragens Auto Parts and get brass cable stops. Just put the cable through and lock it down with a wrench. Never fails.

Well right now its in the basement waiting for me to take it out..

We have had some warm wheather the last weeks so i might give it go in the weekend.. :D

But i have a suspicion that the engine is a bit cranky, i tried to start it but it just rewed up and died but it was freezing outside so maybe it was because of that..

Or just varmer wheater! :D I got it running and idling nicely after a rolling start down the road where i live.. But there is a lot of vibration so i need to do welds some tubes as shims under the motor mounts to make it rest a little better..

But as a ride it pretty much sucks. :D Being 6.2 its to small for me but i knew that, but as i said earlier in this thread it was never intended to be a daily ridder or comuter.. But nevertheless im pleased with the build, the process and how it came out..

I'll try to put togheter a little clip of it running and take some pics to sort of finalizing the project.. After that i might pull of the motor for another build i have in mind that might be better suited for general riding and for breaking in the engine properly..

Man, very inspiring bike... it may not be that ridable but one of the most original motoredbikes out there.... and just oh so cool!!!!!

OK.. Update from the second outing.. Got the shims on and tightened averything down..
I tried it with the fairing this time,
(i tried it without it the first time, its a hard to work on the engine with it mounted and its a bit of a PITA to get on..)
But its not as bad as i thought soundvise.. it seems that the fairing amplifies the sound from the clutch mostly so, but the exhaust has a really nice note. And ride wise its starting to grow on me to, not as bad as i thought.. Its fun to tuck down and lean it through corners, feels very racy even if iys only going 25mph.. :D
Compared with my BTR build this ones seems to be a bit faster, i have a nice piece of straight road where i use to try out bike setups and stuff and the BTR is fully rewed out when i hit the end of it but the speed bike is still accelerating.. I guess its the 36 tooth sprocket paired with a 28 inch wheel, it accelerates slow though..

@ stock.. Well it has been a long build so from time to time i have lost interest in it and focused on other stuff, like furniture building! and bikes that i just build to sell..

I want to make a final foto session and film of this bike but i want to make it right.. To do that i need to sort some stuff out so just bare with me.. :D

Hey, I like furniture as much as the next guy, but it's rather "static". It stays in one place and doesn't move, and you cant ride it without breaking. You will come around friend :)

Latest posts

Back