Spitfire?? Need a bike ID...

• The new forum software has been installed. We are still working on a few issues...some images not displaying, spacing, colors, etc. Please send Rat Rod any issues that you may encounter when using the forum. Thanks!
Jan 12, 2012
Brookfield, Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A look at the headbadge and front sprocket would give us better clues of what it is. and there should be a set of numbers either on the BB or the rear drop out or maybe some where on the head tube. I maybe wrong but Id say its not a schwinn do to the chain guard wrapping over the back sprocket

Jun 14, 2008
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I have on the bottom of frame where the crank goes....

W112800 is the big number (1st pic)

505-47881 is upside down and smaller numbers (2nd pic)

Jun 14, 2008
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got a day to disassemble. The whole time I should this was some poopy weld, it's a badge.... Any ideas??

Jul 31, 2008
Newton, North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect it's a huffy, built for Sears. Murray built Sears bikes have a 502 prefix. Imported 3 speeds for Sears usually have 503, i think some Monark built Sears bikes also used it, so 505 would be a likely Huffy coding, as they did have a few Huffy built bikes over the years. not nearly as much as Murray though. -Adam

Jun 14, 2008
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rustinkerer said:
I suspect it's a huffy, built for Sears. Murray built Sears bikes have a 502 prefix. Imported 3 speeds for Sears usually have 503, i think some Monark built Sears bikes also used it, so 505 would be a likely Huffy coding, as they did have a few Huffy built bikes over the years. not nearly as much as Murray though. -Adam
Awesome thank you Adam!!! I think I'm going to stretch it, red tires black paint, train horn, the norm!! Thanks again