SPITFIRE....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new project !
spitfire.JPG

I really like the Patina (we all know it's another way of making RUST sound better!)
So I am thinking of doing a mechanical restoration and keeping the original paint.

Did the Spitfire come with 24" rims?

Manmachine1k

I like it too... Patina stays.

Now only if I could get nipples loose on the spokes so I can tighten up the rims. I have tried soaking them daily with PB Blaster & got few loose. Once I get them spinning free I an doing a complete tear down to see how bad it really is.

This has me worried

rearsprocket.JPG

Missing a few teeth and some bent parts...... :roll:

I kinda cheated... I sprayed them with red vinyl paint (they have worn thru to black where tire meets the road)... but I found a guy at the swap meet a few weeks back that has 24" red. I didnt buy them but plan to in the future. I should have done it then.. they're hard to come by :roll:

manmachine1k said:
ScurryMurray said:
Cool. I have a red 57 spitfire. Also a 24". You'll fit in here if you keep it it crusty.

Keep us posted on the work you do.

(heres mine: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34767893@N ... 466850918/)

Where did you get the Red Tires from? I like those alot!

nice bike I have a 24 inch spitfire the same colors. mine had the chain guard and fenders when I got it but I took them off to fit a set of thick bricks on it

Work has picked up so the project has been put aside for a while.

I need to get the wheels redone first before I get to the rest of the build.

Anyone know where I can get standard replacement spokes for S2 schwinn 24" wheels?

For your spokes, find some stuff in a small clear bottle with a pull spout stem called rust breaker, that stuff ain't no joke. Sweet bike.

Latest posts

Back