Split Personality "new pics 11-7-09 also riding link"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Scrappy Ron, Chainsaw & I got together to start a bike for me.
So out of our combined input comes...

Split Personality

splitpersonality001.jpg

splitpersonality002.jpg

splitpersonality004.jpg

splitpersonality005.jpg

splitpersonality006.jpg

splitpersonality007.jpg

splitpersonality009.jpg

I got to use the sand blaster. How awesome. Guess I'll have to make road trips to get my parts cleaned. :abang:

splitpersonality010.jpg

splitpersonality016.jpg

splitpersonality027.jpg

splitpersonality028.jpg

splitpersonality029.jpg

splitpersonality030.jpg

splitpersonality031.jpg

splitpersonality032.jpg

We also found that different forks would look better.
We had three different sizes of tires and decided that the red walls from teacher's nightmare also looked better.

splitpersonality040.jpg

splitpersonality041.jpg

splitpersonality042.jpg

splitpersonality043.jpg

splitpersonality044.jpg

splitpersonality045.jpg

splitpersonality046.jpg

splitpersonality047.jpg

splitpersonality048.jpg

Re: Split Personality

:lol:

Yeah I have them. I just forgot to put them on. After the picture was taken Chainsaw yelled at me and went and grabbed them.

When I get caught up in building I forget about that stuff.

Usually I do my own welding but Ronnie wasn't sure how my welding was and he wanted to make sure I didn't have a lot of cleanup to do afterward. :D

I have a couple more pictures from the other day of working on it. But we haven't gotten much more done on it. Mainly the small stuff. Like picking the sprocket out. Making sure the bb is where we want it and getting it prepared for application to the bike.

It took us three sets of tires before deciding on the red walls. These just fit the look of the bike. :D

As you can see we tried several handlebars but none looked right for the bike, or my neck, so we ended up going with a set that we built.

My rear tire is a single speed but we plan on putting speeds on it.
If any of you remember my teacher's nightmare build the tires, seat, sprocket, forks, and pedals are all coming from that build. :D I'm pretty sure I posted teacher's nightmare build on here. But in case I didn't and you haven't seen that build here is a link to it on FreakBike Nation. http://www.forum.freakbikenation.com/ph ... are#p15641

This bike is going in a different direction then originally planned but that is what is so fun about building bikes you never know what the final outcome is gonna be until you finish. (of course usually you have something else you want to do to them so is a bike ever really finished? lol)

Looks good. The stretch is about right.

Ditto on the goggles.

lookin good! am i gonna see it at next years 4th of july parade? :D

Got some more work done on spli personality last night.

After grinding some more on the bb Chainsaw and Ronnie worked on making sure it was centered on the bike. I was grinding on the handlebars getting them ready to go in the blaster.

So once they were satisfied with the location of the bb. I got to show Ronnie what my welding looked like.
I love their welder so much more than our's. I think I did a Pretty good job of it.

Then it was time to make sure that the Chain lined up and we have enough chain. That was really fun piecing the chain together without master links.

Then time to ride. What a great ride it was.
This Saturday we plan on riding the paint creek trail so its going to get some test rides in before we do anymore work on it.

Ronnie also took it for a spin.

I will be getting more pictures up as soon as photobucket will cooperate with me on it.

The ride down Paint Creak Trail in Lake Orion was Awesome Saturday Night. The bike worked great.
The only downfall I had a huge bruise on my leg and the ride back was really taxing that leg. Had to walk some of the way. What fun trying to find one of the other's that could ride it for a little ways. :lol:

Once we got to the donut place they were closed. :cry:
But the ride back was very fun and interesting. No lights is not a good a thing when you can't see at night. Add to that the fact that ronnie and I didn't have brakes. :lol: :lol:

Also took her for a ride around our storage Tuesday Night. Can't wait to get more done with this bike. It is turning out to be one great bike.

So yesterday we went back to work on the bike some more. Wow. It is looking great.
I got alot of the parts sand blasted that are going to get a new paint job. Also did some cleanup work on the bike.

We got a couple more lines added to her look. Sure does make the bike look totally different. Added some accesories to help understand the name(split Personality) for the bike.

TheFlyingDingo said:
Nice choice in beverage!

we should have made Dr. pepper pay for that well palest bottle hahaah. i am having so much fun building this bike with dora and jim i can't what to get it done

So finally photo bucket has cooperated at home to be able to get some of the pics up on it.

I'm going to try to keep the photos in order of how we did everything. So has not to have anything out of order.

Here is where I was getting the bottom bracket ready. cleaning up where it was cut from another bike.

splitpersonality063.jpg

splitpersonality065.jpg

splitpersonality066.jpg

splitpersonality070.jpg

splitpersonality073.jpg

splitpersonality074.jpg

splitpersonality075.jpg

splitpersonality076.jpg

splitpersonality077.jpg

splitpersonality078.jpg

splitpersonality079.jpg

splitpersonality080.jpg

splitpersonality081.jpg

splitpersonality082.jpg

splitpersonality083.jpg

splitpersonality084.jpg

splitpersonality086.jpg

splitpersonality087.jpg

splitpersonality089.jpg

splitpersonality090.jpg

splitpersonality093.jpg

splitpersonality095.jpg

splitpersonality097.jpg

We are getting down to where its real close to having paint.
Went out last night and worked some more on it.
Hopefully will be able to go on Saturday to do more work. WE will see.

Latest posts

Back