BO15 SPRING FEVER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been on here in a while since I finished my build so early. This is what I have been working on in the meantime. It's a 26" muscle bike inspired by the green Vista Banana muscle bike. I started with a Schwinn Heavy-Duti cruiser frame which is very similar in style to the vista frames. I hear Vista even used a lot of schwinn parts back in the day. They idea just came to me one day when I was thinking about what to make out of the bike. Luckily when I started digging through my hoard, I had almost all of the pieces to make this bike. It was meant to be.

I initially intended to call it the Vista Banana XL. I even had decals all made up. But one thing that I always found interesting about the Vista Banana model was that it came in yellow and green and both models were called banana. Anyway..... my sister was over last week and saw the nearly complete bike in my garage and said it looked like a grasshopper. OF COURSE!!! It was perfect. I even pointed out to her that the bike already had a goodyear grasshopper slick on the front.

I then thought it would be cool to make up a vintage ad to post on facebook to see how many would think that this was actually a production 26/20 muscle bike from back in the day. Turns out that some are still convinced. You might have noticed the 26" slick on the rear. It is one of the Jerald Sulky tires and it is HUGE!!!. The strange thing about the pic of this bike is that it doesn't necessarily look like a big bike. The proportions are good enough that it is probably mistaken for a 20/16. It is not. It is big and it is Heavy. Still haven't ridden it. I need some time to enjoy the newness of it before the rubber hits the road. Here is finished pic of the bike followed by some 'snippits' of how it came to be.... Enjoy!

pic_1.jpg

IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG
IMG_1130.JPG
IMG_1353.JPG
IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1382.JPG
IMG_1387.JPG
IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1453.JPG
IMG_1472.JPG
IMG_E1470.JPG
IMG_1456.JPG
IMG_1534.JPG
pic_2.jpg
pic_3.jpg
pic_4.jpg

I haven't been on here in a while since I finished my build so early. This is what I have been working on in the meantime. It's a 26" muscle bike inspired by the green Vista Banana muscle bike. I started with a Schwinn Heavy-Duti cruiser frame which is very similar in style to the vista frames. I hear Vista even used a lot of schwinn parts back in the day. They idea just came to me one day when I was thinking about what to make out of the bike. Luckily when I started digging through my hoard, I had almost all of the pieces to make this bike. It was meant to be.

I initially intended to call it the Vista Banana XL. I even had decals all made up. But one thing that I always found interesting about the Vista Banana model was that it came in yellow and green and both models were called banana. Anyway..... my sister was over last week and saw the nearly complete bike in my garage and said it looked like a grasshopper. OF COURSE!!! It was perfect. I even pointed out to her that the bike already had a goodyear grasshopper slick on the front.

I then thought it would be cool to make up a vintage ad to post on facebook to see how many would think that this was actually a production 26/20 muscle bike from back in the day. Turns out that some are still convinced. You might have noticed the 26" slick on the rear. It is one of the Jerald Sulky tires and it is HUGE!!!. The strange thing about the pic of this bike is that it doesn't necessarily look like a big bike. The proportions are good enough that it is probably mistaken for a 20/16. It is not. It is big and it is Heavy. Still haven't ridden it. I need some time to enjoy the newness of it before the rubber hits the road. Here is finished pic of the bike followed by some 'snippits' of how it came to be.... Enjoy!

View attachment 132978
View attachment 132962View attachment 132963View attachment 132964
View attachment 132965View attachment 132966View attachment 132967View attachment 132968View attachment 132969View attachment 132970View attachment 132971View attachment 132972View attachment 132973View attachment 132974View attachment 132975View attachment 132976View attachment 132977View attachment 132979View attachment 132980View attachment 132981
That color, that seat, those bars,.........

Wow, just wow

Anyway, I finished the evening with a picture from further back. Just like you guys, I'm in heaven in my garage, building and listening to ROCK 107. The hours literally evaporate, and before I know it, it's 2 or 3 in the morning.

View attachment 119574

Great build and an incredible workspace. I think we might be neighbor-ish. I live in the ROCK 107 listening area too.

Latest posts

Back