Springer Fork mistake?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My reason for not cutting is because it's on a 24" frame I'd hate for it to be too short on another bike.

I LIKE BIKES
They do sell just the threaded part separately, so don't sweat the cutting :cool2:

My reason for not cutting is because it's on a 24" frame I'd hate for it to be too short on another bike.

I LIKE BIKES

For a 6 3/8ths head tube, my average "stack," height is usually close enough to 9 1/2"s to cutt and trust it!
I am nearly 6' tall, my frame is a 21"
What I am getting at, you can cutt it some. Just get an idea what length headtube your size frame average, guess long and shorten!

Only when it breaks at the pivot bolt:dontmentionit:

I have a question is it possible to remove the truss rods of the springer fork? Will that effect the ride

The schwinn forks and most knock offs you can but they stiffen the fork up. On some of the other brands they are welded on near the axle like on the Raleigh PUB bike and the Dyno/Kustom Kruisers with the aluminum springers.

Yea I got a replica springer fork made by sunlite I want to remove the truss rods to give it a different look but at the same time make sure the wheel doesn't fall off. Daily cruiser

First I will say that I have never ridden an "Import" springer fork so this does not apply to those.
When building a bike with a springer fork I spent a a lot of time making sure that both blades were perfectly aligned and identical, along with using heavy duty (Adult) springs. My springer bikes always rode perfectly (hands off the bar).

So I did remove truss rods and I didn't like the look...what to do...I just want a J.C Higgins behive fork...will post pics soon of my builds✌️

Are they good for fenders, because I bought a springer from the same shop I got my bike from, and it worked good at first. But then it got worse, the two front rods on it kept on banging on the fender and rattling when I ride on bumpy terrain,

Latest posts

Back