....Springer Fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dogdart said:
there is a space above the spring for compression . They work pretty good , I rode one yesterday :D
So there is basicaly only about 1/4" of spring action at most ? or i still don't get it ?

on a other note , i revised my springer idea a little , what you guys think ?
SIMSFORKv2IMAGE_zpsfbdd1f9f.jpg

OneHorsePower said:
i revised my springer idea a little , what you guys think ?

Elegant design.
:idea: How about adding tension adjusters above the springs like you see on mountain bikes:
KS258-REAR-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-ADJUSTABLE-COIL-SHOCK-p132574.jpg.middle.jpg

The Renaissance Man said:
OneHorsePower said:
i revised my springer idea a little , what you guys think ?

Elegant design.
:idea: How about adding tension adjusters above the springs like you see on mountain bikes:
KS258-REAR-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-ADJUSTABLE-COIL-SHOCK-p132574.jpg.middle.jpg
the idea was to keep it simple (simpler than the traditional springer forks) , so folowing this idea, i would rather just add a bigger spacer between the spring :wink:

I've been thinking that using one of those older heavy, straightleg 'beach cruiser' forks as a basis could maybe make a lower buck way to build a springer up. Add a set of rockers at the bottom and maybe even a lighter fork as the front using the stem for the spring mount?
Like to see what one of you chaps with the CAD(?) can do with this notion.

Here is my 1953 Columbia springer on Firewing.
IMG_2475_zpsc2683f81.jpg

I've been thinking that using one of those older heavy, straightleg 'beach cruiser' forks as a basis could maybe make a lower buck way to build a springer up. Add a set of rockers at the bottom and maybe even a lighter fork as the front using the stem for the spring mount?
Like to see what one of you chaps with the CAD(?) can do with this notion.
I have this one all figured out! Just have to spend a litttle time a make links, and a top spring plate.
Gonna call it the cy-springer!

@OneHorsePower , did you ever build this? I hope so, and I wanna see it
No , sadly i don't have access to a machine shop like i use to and i can't find a local supplier for the materials , + its sad to say , but altho i am a big fan of custom bikes , i am sick of heavy bikes , i switched to riding lightweight road bikes for the "practicle aspect" but feel free to build it , i would love to see this done one day

No , sadly i don't have access to a machine shop like i use to and i can't find a local supplier for the materials , + its sad to say , but altho i am a big fan of custom bikes , i am sick of heavy bikes , i switched to riding lightweight road bikes for the "practicle aspect" but feel free to build it , i would love to see this done one day
Man, I would build it if I had any skills. Or tools. It looks waaaay beyond my scope. I also hope someone builds it.

Good idea.
I'll send you a set of Felt Cruiser forks for free if you pay the shipping and send me a photo of the finished product. Let me know.
-Gig
Actually, i just got a fork to play with, a Specialized carbon fiber job!
I will post, lots of pictures!

I too like the springerforks... Try ing to have a different fork on each bike... Here are a few... First my hawthorne

Next my jchiggins with the beehive...

And my firestone with a rollfast

This is my Chicago bike with a monark springer setup

And this is an Elgin I'm putting together right now...

All different set ups but same springy look...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This cool thread needs a bump.

Shelby springer I recently got (unfortunately the Oriole was not attached to them.)

shelby11219_7b37074891ac8ef58e8e3b8d2eb99b83.jpg

Latest posts

Back