Square Peg turned Dirty Diana

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what Peg basically looked like to me when I brought her home.
20190619_220718.jpg

Even her formal name, Windsor Kennsington, was something I'd like to forget.
I took her on because she was cheap and friendly with an 8-speed internal rear end that I wanted bad.
Those wheels had already been stripped for the pic above, with some old 10-speed wheels put on for her to have something to roll around on. And the fenders and racks had just been laid in place.
But the visual was similar for me.

After shedding the extra weight, although still with original wheels in place, I began to much admire her form. And began to take a shine to her.
20190601_123226.jpg

A laid back and fetching appearance began to emerge. She was coming out of her stuffed shirt and beginning to see the world on a whole new way.

But it was when I stumbled upon this and set it next to her that I began to see a different and daring look in her eye.
20190601_135957.jpg

Would it....could it fit?
20190616_115054.jpg

Maybe with a little bacon grease?
20190616_122526.jpg

It was a life changing moment.
Peg was becoming something different. She was becoming Diana. And she liked it.
She needed more change. More excitement.
So we found something new to try. Something wild and untamed to borrow from.
20190619_220316.jpg

And the story continues....as the world turns.

Ha!
This is my second concurrent build that I'm working on, along with my Class 1 buildoff project.
I had considered entering this one in the contest. But being unsure of the rules, with the bike to eventually being built to be gas powered (even though pedal power will still be available), I decided to just go with the other build.

The plan is, a black paint job. Either gloss, satin, or matte. I haven't decided yet. The triple tree chopper forks with their extra rake, giving the bike some more wheelbase. Mini ape hangers...I think. Probably a 29er up front, if I can acquire a donor bike with good wheels and tires I like for extra cheap. Likely the widest 26, or maybe 24, that I can fit between the chains on the back. Banana seat, possibly custom made? Saddle bags? Sissy bar? Rifle scabbard maybe, if it need some more macho to it.
And custom aluminum tank, if I can manage.

Oh...and I'd like a custom exhaust pipe. I'll see what I can dig up there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back