Stale finds !?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyGold

Epic Level Bike Hoarder! 🏆
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Today's archeological expedition. 'Organized' this about a year ago...but, it quickly fell back to chaos again.

IMG_20190629_181940322_HDR.jpg

So, this time I'm pulling the neon out and getting rid of it (it's been in there since ~2000 :doh:) to allow me to come up with a more practical storage solution...

IMG_20190629_182007910.jpg

...not fun, but, hopefully satisfyingly once I get done.

Wow. I just sold my '01 Plymouth Neon that I bought in '05. Yours has been in storage longer than I owned mine! [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It had some issues that were obviously a manufacturing problem, and Chrysler wouldn't admit to the issue regardless of the amount of evidence available. I had rebuilt and ported the head. Had a gasket matched header ready to go. But, just lost all interest in putting it together as there was a good chance that when I did that it would just blow the rings out the bottom, anyway. So, it sat for nearly 20years. Unfortunately, it evidently became a mouse habitat during that time...and cracking the door open was an unpleasant olfactory experience :headbang:.

We had another Neon a couple cars after this one. It was totalled twice, the second time was terminal at 274k miles. Still ran good, though :bigsmile:.

Back