Starcruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It still needs a few small things, but it is done.

24zb1w4.jpg

30a52yh.jpg

hx97c3.jpg

2eaniwk.jpg

very nice! i like that wood tank and the stars theme carried throughout the whole bike!

Easy E

Like it! CLEAN and mean.

The more I look at it, the more I don't like the tank. And I spent a lot of time on that tank.

Without the tank:

xqclti.jpg

f7uy8.jpg

20keohc.jpg

mwfjnb.jpg

I really like the stars on the forks, reminds me of a JCH. Beautiful!

I picked up a small jigsaw at the thriftstore last month, so I guess it'll get a workout on the tank. I'll need a week or two, as the next couple weekends are filled with activities, this weekend my ratboat gets it's trailer modified to fit the "new" configuration,
29d8jmr.jpg

then next weekend it's the Concours D'elegance big car show. I'm tasked to provide a needed service there for insurance purposes, and I plan to show up on my Clubman and avoid the parking hassles.
w0rxcl.jpg

I had thought of cutting out the stars when I first imagined the starcruiser, but the time needed before the deadline ruled it out. Now it seems like a much better idea, and I've got another idea to add also. And I might go back to the color I wanted before they ran out.

I did have a problem with the Starcruiser that was never resolved. The seat stem isn't the right size. No stem I have is the right size, and I've got a dozen of them. Would the Coast King bike have a peculiar size? The frame didn't look tampered with, and I didn't get the original stem with it. All the stems I have that should fit are a tiny bit too small in diameter. I may just have to make up a sleeve to get it right.

Wildcat, that is a very sweet looking ride. It does look similar to Goldy! The fork crown looks the same and the holes in the head tube are identical to the Ross bicycles at my house. Does the serial number start with an R? My dad has two Ross bikes and they both have a serial number that starts with an R. Again, nice looking bike. :D

I couldn't find a serial number. Where is it on your Ross bikes? Maybe we can compare and figure out the year of our bikes or come close.

I think there may be something under the cranks that showed up after I painted but I don't want to scrape the paint off if there's a different place for the serial numeber.

The serial number is under the crank. It sounds like you'll have difficulty seeing the engraving. Are those 20" tires? If so, I'd say your bike looks very close to a Ross Barracuda.

It didn't have a name on it, but I finally found the serial number, it starts with an R. The numbers are small compared to other bikes serial numbers. The original sprocket and everything else looks like Ross, so I would be confident in saying it's a Ross. Did you get a look at the Coast King Riviera mentioned earlier? I believe that's the same bike, made by Ross for the department stores. This is the original sprocket:
2wnzsxz.jpg

Here's the Coast King Riviera thread:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13208

Can you post a pic of your bike?

Latest posts

Back