Starting off slow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I finally found some apes and was so excited I found them in black... I didn't realize they were 24's... Untill after I put them on. Are they too big? After all I'm 6'8" and they sit about eye level for me... but man, I knew they would flex a little but not his much. They are comfortable the use. But not what I quite thought....I'm wondering about a set of 16's
Got more ideas I am tossing around... custom beverage holder ,Light, tank insert and a possibly a custom rack w/ box for some goodies..

Let me know what you think...
DSCN1337.jpg

I like the color of the bike, would like to see it in the sun. The shorter bars would be my choice, but i'm also not as tall as you. :mrgreen: Your future mods sound good!

looks mean with those bars but it will be allways a tough decision wether to put style/looks over handling/ridability or the other way around,in my mind I would put a negative rise stem i.e slopes downward(I do this with my lowriders)so that by itself would lower the bars some inches and as you can see in my "in the weeds"build a bent lowrider fork drops the front end several inches in the front(this was still ridable with the back wheel in the standard rear dropouts)but because of the rake of the forks it is hard to steer if you wanted to take a hand off I needed to lock the other arm just to keep it going straight....decisions,decisions...I think in the ratrod bussiness its up to you,with my build I will sacrifice ridability over the overall look,sacked out and low :D

Latest posts

Back