BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all of the compliments guys. I had a feeling the wheels would be cool with this frame and fork. Here is a better back drop

20200501_191805.jpg
20200501_191753.jpg

You manage to come up with cooler stuff than anyone. You are the KingFish. All hail.

furyus

Girvin forks often give that impression, but if you draw an imaginary line through the steer tube to the ground, you'll see that the tire contact patch is about an inch or two behind that point. That's exactly where it needs to be to track properly.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
I realize the triple trees positions that tire where it needs to be to achieve the desired trail length. I meant aesthetically.

Looking at this some more, it feels to me like it wants a tractor-style seat. I remember at least one Felt build from Europe several years back that used a modified shovel...

Looking at this some more, it feels to me like it wants a tractor-style seat. I remember at least one Felt build from Europe several years back that used a modified shovel...

One of the seats I was thinking of using was my Ruff pan.

20200502_143116.jpg

Before working further on SteamRoller I needed to make some room, so I did a first stage cleaning of this Sears Spyder 10 Speed survivor project so that I could sell it. Just posted it up on Billy Bueno’s Random Prize Drawings for only $20 a chance. Check out that seat!!!

20200502_131916.jpg
20200502_132004.jpg

After posting up the Spyder raffle, I played around with SteamRoller. Here are my @karfer67 Patina Kustoms Felby bars.

20200502_175409.jpg
20200502_175419.jpg
20200502_175427.jpg

While those bars look great, my first impression with just the frame/wheels/fork was more of a salt track/board tracker/"looks-like-it's-going-fast-already" vibe. Of course, you've already done salt track, and we've see your bars-o-rama thoughts, so, I'll just sit back, relax, keep my opinions to myself, and enjoy the show! :cool:

my first impression with just the frame/wheels/fork was more of a salt track/board tracker/"looks-like-it's-going-fast-already" vibe

I was thinking that. Maybe something like a modified Clubman or moustache bar that puts you in a more aggressive stance?

Latest posts

Back