BO15 SteamRoller - Finished 1st THANKS!! - CompareTwinWinsVerBotenSteamRoller

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
EDIT: LET ME INTERRUPT THIS BUILD THREAD WITH LINK TO MY FINISHED THREAD AND A FEW FINISHED PICS

FINISHED THREAD LINK
- http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...n-twin-bar-churnin-urn-of-burnin-funk.112174/

0001a1 20200830_181728 (3).jpg
0001a2 20200831_191044 (2).jpg
0001a3 20200830_181747 (2).jpg

I really need to get VerBoten and SteamRoller together. Twin Bar brothers from different mothers (but same father
1f603.png
)

0001a0 VerBoten SteamRoller.jpg

I NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR NORMALLY SCHEDULED BUILD THREAD

This actually makes my 10th annual Build Off. So far I've finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd(twice), 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 26th; so I guess I am shooting for 8th place this year :cool:. I still don't have much of a clue as to where this build is headed, but I did decide on a frame and got a rolling chassis today.

I already knew what wheels I wanted to use. I got these 26x3 curvy mags from @BillyZ 's Billy Bueno’s Random Prize Drawings Facebook group about a month ago. I didn't know what they were going on, but I knew I wanted to use them. Every time I see them, I think of a steam roller, so my Build Off 15 build name is gonna be SteamRoller.

92818549_1129994390675177_4340275060624326656_o.jpg

I tested them on my TSP Oldster frame and they looked very cool, but I'm not ready to build out that frame yet.

I really wanted to build a practical every day bike for this build off, but that idea was squashed when I got these wheels. I was thinking of stripping my aluminum Felt frame down and polishing it to a chrome finish and then do a multicolor Metalcast paint scheme. I was going to try it with these wheels today.

Then I started thinking about what other frames might work with these wheels. I seriously considered my JetFlow, but didn't feel the wheels would be right with that and I just did a X53 build last year. Then I remembered that I had the Elgin Twin Bar from bighit's "Bully" build from BO7.

20200501_114847.jpg

20200501_114914.jpg

The rear wheel and tire fit fine, so I needed the right fork. I tested the Indian style girder fork that I have, but the steertube was too short. So I think I am going to go with the Girvin fork from bighit's build as well.

20200501_115516.jpg
20200501_115523.jpg

So, do the wheels work with this setup? That was the goal of this morning. I think they definitely all play together well with a killer stance and mean look. I don't know if I will get any farther today, but I really like how this all fit together.

20200501_120544.jpg
20200501_120550.jpg
20200501_120601.jpg

Here is a churnin urn of burnin funk to getcha in the mood!!!!!

Last edited:
Future space Parts List

Future space for Finished Pics

Really dig the look of this! The wheels and frame contours, and that Girvin front end..... :inlove:

And you topped it off with one of my fav artists of all time, JT and the Steamroller Blues.

RaT oN~!

Just an observation.................that front wheel looks like it wants to be further forward than it currently is................

That is the way these Girvin forks always look, but the geometry all works out fine.

Dood! I don't know if you could have come up with a better frame to show off those wheels.
You going to go CAT yellow and black on your 'Roller?

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Yeah, once I slid the wheels on this, I didn't even bother trying them on the Felt frame.
Hadn't even thought of color yet. A "Big Yellow Equipment" theme could be fun. We'll see.

Just an observation.................that front wheel looks like it wants to be further forward than it currently is................
Girvin forks often give that impression, but if you draw an imaginary line through the steer tube to the ground, you'll see that the tire contact patch is about an inch or two behind that point. That's exactly where it needs to be to track properly.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Awesome wheels on an awesome frame with an awesome fork! I can't wait to see what more cool parts will be installed. Also paint will be something pretty for sure. Or will it be bare?

I have no idea what the finish will be on this bike. Other than what you see, I don't have any direction yet. Just gonna go with the flow.

Latest posts

Back