Stingray Classic at Walmart for $88! Not the new style!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dudes even after Christmas they are still 80 bucks here
norht eastern ohio
i think the cheapest in the area was like 50 and that was almost an hour drive away from where i'm at

Spoke with a sales assoc yesterday at Wally World. He said they would not match prices from store to store. I always thought they would honor prices from other stores. Can someone out there clear this one up. Here is a pic of mine that I paid $69.00 for. John.
2151086283_0b498267cc_m.jpg

well John maybe my story will help alil.. I am from Edgewater N.J. which is 5 minutes from NYC. I went to a Walmart, Monroe NY (an hour away) and they had them at 79 for black 69 for blue and green. Going on what my new buddy ParkRNDL told me that they were 35 bucks in Chambersburg Pa I asked the NY store to honor Chambersburg's price. They said if I could show them proof of the price by a flyer or if it was online.. I'm thinking does this manager really works here?! I cant produce any of that and the bikes aren't online! So I got the directions to the PA store and started my 3 and a half hour drive to score big. After aquiring 5 bikes at 35 bucks apiece, 4 black 1 blue (THANKS PARK!) I asked the asst manager how come my NY store wouldn't honor her store's price? She explained it was an "inhouse sale" so they would not honor it. Since stores are pricing them differently I am thinking that they are classified as "inhouse sales"?? and yes I shoved 5 boxes into a mid size 89 mazda 929..2 in the trunk, 3 in the backseat. Talk about extra tight!! lol

karfer67 said:
now i am getting jelious of you guys finding these things cheap. here at the elk grove store as far as i know they are sold out guess the nor cal stingray collectors think they are cool lol. maybe someone will bring one into the shop to sell and i can get one cheap that way. looks like a lot of fun good going to those picking them off really cheap!

If I find any in the area then I'll let you know.

mastershake916 said:
karfer67 said:
now i am getting jelious of you guys finding these things cheap. here at the elk grove store as far as i know they are sold out guess the nor cal stingray collectors think they are cool lol. maybe someone will bring one into the shop to sell and i can get one cheap that way. looks like a lot of fun good going to those picking them off really cheap!

If I find any in the area then I'll let you know.

I wouldn't give it a second thought, they're not worth the box they come in. I picked mine up for $25 even and only because I just couldn't pass that up for the parts alone. I feel dirty and cold now with that thing (still in it's box) under my workbench. It did feel pretty good though that there is no way Wal-Mart or Pacific came out on top of that, that box was bulky, heavy and had to cost Satan a lot...Wal-Mart...a lot to ship. :lol:

Ok, this is killing me, so I have to ask. Why do folks drop the seat like that? I'm only 5'8" but there is NO WAY I could peddle with the seat that low. Either that or give myself black eyes and break my glasses from my knees hitting me in the face. :wink:

Been to three Wal-Marts in my area this week.

Two of them had two black assembled bikes inside in the bike area for $59 each and the closest one to me still has 7 or 8 of them sitting
outside in the garden center for $69 for black and $79 for blue and green.

I wish I knew if an when they planned to drop the price on the black ones that they have for $59.

I'd like to combine some of the parts from one with this 99 Country Time I have.

100_5822.jpg

100_5821.jpg

Ok, this is killing me, so I have to ask. Why do folks drop the seat like that? I'm only 5'8" but there is NO WAY I could peddle with the seat that low. Either that or give myself black eyes and break my glasses from my knees hitting me in the face. :wink:

low and slow
rather have looks than comfort

you no
the whole lowrider thing?

haha
i agree but i would rather look SAWEET! than be comfortable

Rat Rod said:
Been to three Wal-Marts in my area this week.

Two of them had two black assembled bikes inside in the bike area for $59 each and the closest one to me still has 7 or 8 of them sitting
outside in the garden center for $69 for black and $79 for blue and green.

I wish I knew if an when they planned to drop the price on the black ones that they have for $59.

I'd like to combine some of the parts from one with this 99 Country Time I have.

100_5822.jpg

100_5821.jpg

Now that's just showin' off. :wink:

Okay...grabbed a black one today for $59 that was on the top rack of the Wal-Mart bike department.

Had my 2 year old with me and the gentleman in the bike dept. got the bike down, rolled it to the register and even brought it
out to our van and loaded it in the back for me. Had to double check again to make sure I was really at Wal-Mart! :lol:

And to his credit, he was Asian and in his 50s so he still had a work ethic and a sense of responsibility.

Anyway....should be fun combining parts from the Country Time bike and this one....stay tuned!

100_6285.jpg

100_6292.jpg

100_6286.jpg

100_6291.jpg

100_6288.jpg

100_6287.jpg

100_6289.jpg

100_6290.jpg

100_6293.jpg

100_6294.jpg

Well, i held out as long as i could. I picked up a green one for $59. As I was carrying the box through the store, three people asked if it was for me. I just shrugged and said "what, no, no" and kept walking. Little do they know my 240lbs will be bottoming out the springer fork on a test ride before the night is over.

Got everyone to bed and had a little free time to start the upgrade process.

Here's a teaser shot...more to follow tomorrow. :D

Believe it or not...the forecast says it will be 72F degrees here tomorrow. :shock:

100_6296.jpg

72!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its spose to be 30s with sleety rain junk

lucky

in his 50s so he still had a work ethic and a sense of responsibility.
thats a RARE thing to have nowadays!!!!
you still have time to wrench on bikes with the children and a new baby?!?! :wink: looks much better with the pogo on there!

sensor said:
you still have time to wrench on bikes with the children and a new baby?!?!

It was my reward for looking after the 2 yr old and 4 yr old all day....and making all of the meals.

I must sleep now..zzzzzzzzzzzzz. :| :| :|

Latest posts

Back