Stingray Replica build for Cancer Survivor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
My neighbor of over 15 years has been given a clean bill of health from his battle with bladder cancer. While talking at the mailbox he asked if I could possibly build him a fullsize Stingray as he never had one as a kid. I told him sure I could even had most of the parts for one already. Not a classic by no means frame was a 1980 Schwinn Cruiser not a Pacific, sticker by BB said Second City built. Stripped down to bare metal primed and painted with Dupli-color Perfect Match Inferno Red Metallic, many coats of clear. Tires are some Schwinn 26x2.35 that I bought of local craigslist about a year ago. Had a set of apes and stem powdered to match 36 inch sissy bar. I like the finished look most of all so did the neighbor, rode for what he said was the first time in close to 40 years. Shaky to start but smiling ear to ear when he got back from first ride. Sorry about long winded post just wanted to tell story. Thanks for taking time to read, enjoy pics
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Last edited:
Great story, great bike!! Talk him into a black springer front end like the felt jerry springer and this thing would be PERFECT!!!

That was discussed, he decided on the modern cruiser type fork. I have one of the generic springers of Ebay in black. Not a Felt quality but was a option.

Latest posts

Back