Stock Isn't- FINISHED Heritagevillage/downtown pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stock Isn't - Primer

The Renaissance Man said:
This bike is a sleeper.
I'm seeing the vision now and I believe you're gonna blow us all away right at the end! Can't wait!

Thanks , I still have a couple ideas that I haven't leaked yet. If. All goes well I should be building the week before the end of the build off. Giving me the final weekend for any last minute fixes/ adjustments. I'm really itching to get it done.

Re: Stock Isn't - Primer

zehysa6e.jpg

So I have decided to possibly unveil one of the secrets o the build, but only if some can guess its purpose. The rod in the picture was specially bent for this build and will be used. If the someone can name it's use I will confirm it if not it will remain secret until the finish.

Re: Stock Isn't - Guess what this is

noodlenoggin said:
It looks like it follows the bottom tube of the frame to the back wheel. Hydraulic brakes?
ditto

Then, It's a cycle-frakulator. It creates a cloud of radically-fluctuating free-deviant chaotrons which penetrate the synaptic relays. It's concatenated with a synchronous transport switch that creates a virtual tributary. It's focused onto a biobolic reflector and what happens is that the bike phases into hyperspace.

(With respects to Mystery Men.)

junknutz1975 said:
rod REAR brakes ? :?

:mrgreen:

Sorry, no. Another good idea though!

noodlenoggin said:
Then, It's a cycle-frakulator. It creates a cloud of radically-fluctuating free-deviant chaotrons which penetrate the synaptic relays. It's concatenated with a synchronous transport switch that creates a virtual tributary. It's focused onto a biobolic reflector and what happens is that the bike phases into hyperspace.

(With respects to [url=<a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"

You are exactly right thats what it is! I am trying to figure out hydraulic brakes without a large master cylinder now that you put the idea in my head. wont be on this build but maybe the next.

Also got the parts blocked and reprimed last night!
One more sanding and then comes Paint!

cable guide?

I'm thinking it's a clever way of hiding wiring for a taillight. :idea:

Re: Stock Isn't - Paint!!

Spent the morning painting all the pieces. And this afternoon laced up the front Wheel and mounted the tire, unfortunately the threads need to be a little longer on the rear spokes so that will have to wait. I have to find someone that can do that for me around here. :? Anyway laid down the black in Nason Single Stage Acrylic Enamel. Its much cheaper than urethane and should last plenty fine on a bicycle that wont be out baking in the sun all day everyday.
IMG_0612_zps20f1317f.jpg

IMG_0613_zps98e33e0f.jpg

IMG_0623_zps02fa90f6.jpg

Re: Stock Isn't - Paint And Wheel Lacing!

Acrylic Enamel is lower grade Automotive Single Stage Solvent Based paint. It would be like 2 steps down from the Best. It is still better than say Maaco or Econo uses but, I wouldn't paint anything with it that would be continuously exposed to the Florida sun and elements.

Other Good news I stared at my rear wheel for about 15 minutes and realized if I adjusted the spoke positions I didn't need shorter ones! :D :D :D :D
So now both wheels are laced and trued tires mounted.
I will start getting the bike assembled for pinstriping this week. I should have everything together minus my surprise Rod from the Earlier post finished up by the Weekend! :D

Re: Stock Isn't - Pinstriping

Got Started on the pinstriping today with some of the larger portions that will be done. Mixed up the colors and practiced it a little then went to it. It will take a few nights to get all the parts done. Should be able to assemble by the weekend.

]
IMG_0625_zps90c4d16e.jpg

IMG_0624_zps799fbf53.jpg

Re: Stock Isn't - Starting to Pinstripe

Very classy, looks sharp

Latest posts

Back