Stock Isn't- FINISHED Heritagevillage/downtown pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stock Isn't - Starting to Pinstripe

Sick and Slick!!!!

Re: Stock Isn't - Starting to Pinstripe

Thanks guys got some assembly going on it and a little more striping. Thinking I will paint the crank black as well. I really want minimum chrome. Still finishing up the surprise rod. Have to paint the rod, seatpost,crank and pedals. I know it seems sacrelig to paint NOS Torrington 18s but they have shelf rust and that doesn't really flow with everything else.
typyjuda.jpg

ydyqe6ut.jpg

Re: Stock Isn't - Some Assembly and more Striping

Finished up Striping on the Fenders and the Tank, now just a little more. Also got most of it assembled put it on the ground only to find my rear hub wasn't quite tight enough. I'll have to pull it off and re-tighten the bearings. Have a few items left to paint and assemble but not going to have any shop time this weekend. Will be pushing it close but should have it done with a little time to find good picture spots.
IMG_0632_zps7792f3b4.jpg

Re: Stock Isn't- More Striping

Well the striping is all finished, that took quite a bit of time but definitely worth it. Now just have to finish painting the last few items and get them assembled. Do the final touch ups on the bolts. The pedals are not the ones going on but I had to give it a quick ride up and down the block. I have a pretty severe rub in the rear hub. After having it apart twice today, I cant seem to find it. It only comes up when the wheel is spun by the sprocket. It will spin all day without a peep by hand(with rear cog stationary) but as soon as you crank it there it is.

IMG_0651_zpscf8824c6.jpg

IMG_0652_zps1ef881f4.jpg

IMG_0656_zpsf070186a.jpg

IMG_0654_zps9517d19b.jpg
IMG_0655_zpsd379f981.jpg

Re: Stock Isn't- Striping Finished

Onewheelsqueel said:
Wow! Love it!

What kind of nut is that on the steer tube?
I got that off a girls 4 star fork I bought as a backup in case welding the fender to the fork didn't work out right. I think it was on twin bars and four stars.

Thanks for the love guys!

panelman said:
Onewheelsqueel said:
Wow! Love it!

What kind of nut is that on the steer tube?
I got that off a girls 4 star fork I bought as a backup in case welding the fender to the fork didn't work out right. I think it was on twin bars and four stars.

Thanks for the love guys!

...and Mercury Pacemaker, that shape also was found on bottom bracket locknuts, twin bar, etc.

This bike shines like high gloss licorice candy!!! Love the detailing!

Thanks
The more I look at it, I'm going to remove the red lettering on the white walls. I've already removed the red flames when I bought them. What do you use to clean your white walls? One side of one tire is yellowing a little.

I'd usually think so, but you need something to break up the black. Love the fact you highlighted the T on the neck, lol. A detail most people either wouldn't think to do or notice. Kool to see a similar bike to my Elgin done with a lot of the same main parts and end up looking so different.

I had the same thought on the black walls, but decided I really wanted the Classic look and needed to break up the black with something other than paint.

I was really interested to see how yours came out thinking mine was going to be very similar to your finished product just painted not bare. However, every time I worked on it more ideas popped up. There are a lot of ideas that got eliminated, and a ton more that got executed but are far less noticeable. The devil has been in the details on this build for me. There are still some major items left to get finished.

Re: Stock Isn't - Primer

panelman said:
zehysa6e.jpg

So I have decided to possibly unveil one of the secrets o the build, but only if some can guess its purpose. The rod in the picture was specially bent for this build and will be used. If the someone can name it's use I will confirm it if not it will remain secret until the finish.

Still no signs of this thingamawhattzit ? Hmmmmm :?
Beautiful bike btw :shock:

:mrgreen:

Re: Stock Isn't - Primer

junknutz1975 said:
panelman said:
zehysa6e.jpg

So I have decided to possibly unveil one of the secrets o the build, but only if some can guess its purpose. The rod in the picture was specially bent for this build and will be used. If the someone can name it's use I will confirm it if not it will remain secret until the finish.

Still no signs of this thingamawhattzit ? Hmmmmm :?
Beautiful bike btw :shock:

:mrgreen:
Worked one that for a couple hours last night, just about ready for paint on the last few items.

Re: Stock Isn't- Headbadge and Mystery Rod

Some more work tonight, The pedals, Seatpost and mystery rod are all blacked out. Also Painted the headbadge on tonight, I forgot to get pics of it finished up but will have them tomorrow.
Heres a few shots from today:
IMG_0666_zps94ef4555.jpg

IMG_0667_zpsca5eebba.jpg

Heres the mystery rod all painted, anyone got any ideas what it may be for??
IMG_0670_zps803a7c68.jpg

IMG_0671_zpsfbcef90d.jpg

Latest posts

Back