Stolen-Update 7/6/2012

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stolen-Update 6/29/2012

Good job Skipton, I'm still in shock and not thinking real clear.

All but the second one in from the right are missing.

The third from the right in now Rotton Apple painted distressed red with apple green accents.

Nuke is still safe in a sheltered bunker.

Here's the list of the bicycles MIA.

Mash Banger (patina and pinstriped by The Vulture custom made in England Grand Champion badged cantilever with fake motor)
Undertaker (black heavy custom with leaf spring duel suspension and red lettering)
Savage Arrow (bare metal stretch custom with steel mesh accents and pinstriped by Karfer)
Rotton Apple (super low stretch custom painted distressed red with red motorcycle headlight and built in speedo)
2 Much (bare metal 12' long with two rear 20's and 27" front)
# 2 Savage Prototype (silver rattlecan paint with all 1" tubing 26" brick tires)
Rat Daddy ( 8' long rattle canned flat black the punched top tube and rear OCC stringray clip)
Aubrey (bare metal home made stretched tank bike mono spring girder front fork)
Fritz the Crack (bare metal custom chopper with white wall rear 20 and front 24)
1945 Elgin (26" boys matte cleared with radius seat tube)
Pre-war Zenith (26" boys original patina with truss rods)
Post-war Zenith (26" boys with original patina)
Swindled (26" purple-ish patina cantilever pointy drop outs with Schwinn badge)
Light blue cantilever Schwinn (white 26's, white seat and white grips)
Another blue 26" Schwinn (with the cantilevers cut and dropped about two inches on the down tube)

Thanks again for everyone's blessings and help.

I don't want to bore you guys with pics. All of these 15 bikes are posted on this site by name.

Kuttnhack said:
Good job Skipton, I'm still in shock and not thinking real clear.

All but the second one in from the right are missing.

The third from the right in now Rotton Apple painted distressed red with apple green accents.

Nuke is still safe in a sheltered bunker.

Here's the list of the bicycles MIA.

Mash Banger (patina and pinstriped by The Vulture custom made in England Grand Champion badged cantilever with fake motor)
Undertaker (black heavy custom with leaf spring duel suspension and red lettering)
Savage Arrow (bare metal stretch custom with steel mesh accents and pinstriped by Karfer)
Rotton Apple (super low stretch custom painted distressed red with red motorcycle headlight and built in speedo)
2 Much (bare metal 12' long with two rear 20's and 27" front)
# 2 Savage Prototype (silver rattlecan paint with all 1" tubing 26" brick tires)
Rat Daddy ( 8' long rattle canned flat black the punched top tube and rear OCC stringray clip)
Aubrey (bare metal home made stretched tank bike mono spring girder front fork)
Fritz the Crack (bare metal custom chopper with white wall rear 20 and front 24)
1945 Elgin (26" boys matte cleared with radius seat tube)
Pre-war Zenith (26" boys original patina with truss rods)
Post-war Zenith (26" boys with original patina)
Swindled (26" purple-ish patina cantilever pointy drop outs with Schwinn badge)
Light blue cantilever Schwinn (white 26's, white seat and white grips)
Another blue 26" Schwinn (with the cantilevers cut and dropped about two inches on the down tube)

Thanks again for everyone's blessings and help.

I don't want to bore you guys with pics. All of these 15 bikes are posted on this site by name.

Bore us with pics of awesome custom bikes? On this site??? It's obvious you're not thinking clearly.

Ray Im so sorry to hear this. Man I love your bikes and I hope we as a community can hunt these lowlifes down. Be on the look out everybody! :cry: :cry:

Stolen-Update 6/29/2012

Any chance pod your homeowners/renters insurance covering contents? When my car got stolen, it was my homeowners ins that covered my laptop and other stuff that wasn't auto related...

~ r

Sorry for your loss, btw...I'll be keeping my eyes out around elk grove for you.

Where did they find the truck and trailer? Maybe a surf of the general area can yeild something, check local junk yards and scrappers? I know its a sad thing but people like that dont appreciate those bikes, they would probably try to get rid of them. I hope they can all be recovered unharmed.

I HATE thieves! :x I'll post a thread to this post in the forums at undergroundvelo and the Chopaderos site. Hopefully somebody will recognize some new bikes in the crowd.Bikes that unique don't just blend in.

That sucks so bad, absolutely despicable behaviour. Nothing makes me angrier than knowing that there are maggots in this world who reap the fruit of another mans labor, and feel no remorse for it. The police probably figure they got the truck and trailer so screw the bikes. Police seem to be motivated by value of goods recovered not removal of maggots from the streets. I've heard many times cops say things like "Well it really isnt worth enough for us to fingerprint, but well let you know if we hear anything". Its bullcorn, they dont get paid on commision, their goal should be arresting criminals, they'd rather be passing out tickets and bringing $$$ in to the state. Rest assured if you found these creeps and cracked their skulls open they would take pride in prosecuting you.

Yeah cops around here are the same way, just lazy. Half of them are so out of shape they'd die of a heart attack if they had to chase down a 4 year old child let alone a running criminal. Don't get me wrong there are a few good cops out there but they are few and far between. Also the more you bug them the more motivated they get so don't be shy about calling them 5 times a day to ask if there has been any progress. :mrgreen:

Just saw this cool bike in your area cheap. I know it's not the same but I'd be all over it and you never know many thieves that are smart will message people with similar items asking if they want to buy or trade rather than post it so they can stay under the radar.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik/3067082762.html

Hey just a thought find a few pictures of similar bikes and write up a wanted add saying I don't have a welder or the skills to build a custom one of a kind bike but have always loved the look of this style of bikes. I can do paintwork and some stuff so a project is fine just want something that no one else has. Might be interested in more than one for my kids. Willing to spend up to ($high price$)

Then ask to see pictures. Might get lucky and the thief walk right into a bear trap.

cyclefest2012208.jpg

cyclefest2012207.jpg

cyclefest2012206.jpg

cyclefest2012117.jpg

cyclefest2012116.jpg

Sunnysideup2011269.jpg

Sunnysideup2011268.jpg

funtimes245.jpg

funtimes243.jpg

funtimes242.jpg

funtimes239.jpg

funtimes238.jpg

funtimes237.jpg

funtimes236.jpg

funtimes235.jpg

The good thing Ray is that your bicycles are like no other in the world. Sacramento and Northern California have a very tight community of bicycle lovers. If anyone trys to sell your bicycles anywhere they will be found. Then the Mob will bring them back home. If I find any more photos I of your things I will post them here. Blue 8)

That's horrible. Lowlife skud's like that deserve to have their hands broken and dumped in the desert. Hope you can fix the truck, and maybe replace or find the bikes.

You may want to keep an eye on So Cal craig's list as well. Close enough to be easily transported but far enough away that they may think they won't be easily recognized.

Everybody here keep an eye out on Craig's List, since most of us check it anyway pretty frequently. Maybe you'll get lucky and the scumbag that stole them won't realize how many people are looking for them...

Sux. I have seen those bikes at many of shows.
I will have my eyes and ears open for ya brotha.

still in shock, myself that Ray's bikes and cars are out there somewhere...
I was gonna stripe the stretched pedal car at the Sacramento Swingtime show, but never found time (because Ray had introduced me to "the Pizz" and I ended up doing some work for him) I wish I would have just taken it home with me.
here are a few shots of the Mash Banger after I had worked on it----
100_2996.jpg

100_2995.jpg

100_2994.jpg

100_2998.jpg

100_2997.jpg

PLEASE!! our community is SO HUGE here, and we all know Kuttnhack's work. Keep your eyes and ears open!!!
bike thieves don't belong to this site, and would have no idea the numbers we are.
what can a thief do with 15 completely custom rides? sell the wheels? everything else is one off, hand made by my close friend and bike building jedi master, Ray.
what goes around------------

Latest posts

Back