Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I based this bike from one statement I made at the beginning of this build...

Double Nickle said:
All I'm planning on doing is building an awesome bike for me to ride

Rob(Dr.Tankenstein), had to remind me of my statement during one of his visits because the plans I originally had, would have made this bike a horrible rider. So with a few adjustments this bike is now one of the best riders I have ever owned and I’m happy with the way every part turned out.

I would like to thank everyone who helped out with this build. I thank Karfer67, HotRodJen, Thesuicideride & sensor for donating their time and paint to pinstripe the parts on the bike. I thank Highwheelerboy25 for selling me the awesome parts bike, at Smoopy’s Spring Swap Meet, that supplied most the parts on this bike. I thank my grandfather (DonOne), for helping me out with the lighting set up. Electrical wiring isn’t one of my trades :roll: Actually I know nothing about it. I thank anyone else who helped me out in a time of need during this build, I am so thankful I have the members of Ratrodbikes.com to turn to when I need help!

Being only 16 years old I find it hard to get most adults to take me seriously, so I thank all my family and friends for giving me the support I need to keep my hobby alive.

Also I would like to give a shout out the Coaster Kustom Bicycle Club members that also competed in this competition along side me. Rob(Dr.Tankenstein) and Floyd(motopsyco) did a great job on their bikes and I wish them both the best of luck in the voting.

Now onto the bike...

Special thanks to Leo Aguiar at Create A Memory studio & Photo Lab for the great Pictures!

_DSC6475.jpg

_DSC6485.jpg

_DSC6446.jpg

_DSC6489.jpg

_DSC6468.jpg

_DSC6465.jpg

_DSC6464.jpg

_DSC6462.jpg

_DSC6457.jpg

_DSC6453.jpg

motopsyco said:
Let me welcome you to the finish line young brother. Of course your bike is just as awesome as we all knew it would be! 8) 8)
See ya at the show.
Floyd
Thanks to both of you for the comments! And I will see you at the show too! Dont let us forget to get you a Coasters T-Shirt.

Great bike, if not #1 you will be in the top 3 overall, you managed a winning bike. Hoping my correct prediction brings me luck in the voting!

Incredible!...Nicely done!...A "true" RatRod and a rolling piece of art.

KOTA said:
Incredible!...Nicely done!...A "true" RatRod and a rolling piece of art.
Well thanks man. A lot of people aren't going to like my bike because its too "Ratty" and is covered in "bare metal", But when you get back to the true meaning of Rat Rod..."Ratty" and "bare metal" are not uncommon characteristics. Simplicity is what drives this hobby and makes it so infectious. (And cheap)

Please don't think I am opening up the conversation about what the word "Rat Rod" Means...Too many different definitions. :roll:

I'd say your bike defines the term beautifully. Well done!

Oh my! Dude, no words.........

You've got to hook me up with your photographer too. Now you can focus on organizing a bike show! :mrgreen:

You are one impressive dude and that is one impressive bike.

See you at the finish line!

Cheers,
Rob

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Oh my! Dude, no words.........

You've got to hook me up with your photographer too. Now you can focus on organizing a bike show! :mrgreen:

You are one impressive dude and that is one impressive bike.

See you at the finish line!

Cheers,
Rob
Are you wanting pics for Sarah's bike? If so I need to let him know know so he can book you before the deadline :wink:

its perfect now its time for you to enjoy it goodluck :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

man, this bike screams out "rat bike"! 8) when i seen the first pic with the headlight and handlebars,my first thought was the von dutch "flying eyeball". your growth as a builder has been great to follow,tyler. theres not many 16 year olds out there building at your level! :mrgreen: congratulations on a great bike!

texasbigjon said:
man, this bike screams out "rat bike"! 8) when i seen the first pic with the headlight and handlebars,my first thought was the von dutch "flying eyeball". your growth as a builder has been great to follow,tyler. theres not many 16 year olds out there building at your level! :mrgreen: congratulations on a great bike!
Thanks man! As you can tell your build had a huge influence on my build! I hope to do half as well as you did in this competition last year.

Looks great. LOVE the handlebars!

Latest posts

Back