Straight Schwinnister!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin' gooooooood!

I am paying particular attention to this build, as I just scored one of these frames. My first ever bike was a red one of these, and I got lucky and won one off the fleabay site recently.

Looks like yours is black, or is it dark something else?

Are you going with the same color on the wheels as on the frame?

Loads of questions... Maybe I should just sit back and enjoy the ride...... :roll:

Lookin good for now though!

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

O.K. Break is over!

No posts for awhile, sorry, things got hectic and I was temporarily side tracked. My youngest son's B-day is coming up and I started working on an aluminum diamond plate pick-guard for his electric guitar. What a pain in the butt!!!!
IMG_0330.jpg

[/img]
IMG_0329.jpg

Progress resumes

O.K. mixed the red today and shot the S-7 hoops and chainguard. This automotive paint thing is slow for me as I have never done it before. I just keep telling myself that it will be worth it, as the finish will be much more durable! Bad thing is I'm out of paint and have'nt finished yet, still have accents to do. I will pay a visit to the paint store and get recomendations on a spray can that is compatible to finish the accents.
[im
IMG_0328.jpg

g][/img]
IMG_0327.jpg

Sorry Rat Royale, frame is black. Congrats on your 62 score, this is a one year frame, I have done my homework on this one so nobody need reply and tell me I'm wrong! Schwinn part # on this one is 1901 B Sold in 62 only for the negative naysayers. Later & PEACE!!!! :p

Boy Howdy!!!!

Very Nice! Bikes not bad either. If I had a freind that looked like that I'd call her Jake too. Would help to prevent those un-sitely bumps on the noggin caused by jealous wife reflex! Later & PEACE!!!! :mrgreen:

How about ....

a photo update...

Anticipation is KILLING me!

My '62 Ty frame is still sitting here... and so are the other ones that accumulated over the last while. I was about to get a shed (at Wife's request) to move the bikes into which would double as a shop, and to get a stand for working on the bikes... Too many other stupid things going on.

Because.....

I bought the money pit, if you recall the movie. Well the house is not really (that one cost WAY more than mine) the one in the movie, but it sucks up EVERY spare dollar lately. Outrageous monthly power bills due to the now replaced AC unit, and this morning, we find a flooded bedroom due to the water heater letting loose. I ain't gonna talk about more cause somethin' else will break! :|

I wish this stuff would cease and desist for a while! I want to get back to fun stuff!

On the other hand (besides four fingers and a thumb), this build-off is keeping a smile on my face. There is some REALLY nice stuff coming through in this one. I had the intention of joining this one, but have not had the additional cabbage to pull it together. The diamond frame one was fun, and this one is a lot more people involved.

SOOOOOOOO
Keep those photos comin' PULEEEEZ! :D

Hey!

What happened to this build ??????
Was I watching too intently? Come on... you had me goin' there.. :shock:

How about some more photos? :!:

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Sorry for the Long break. Many unforseen events have un-folded recently in my world! Many have required my full and un-divided attention! I am still planning to finish on time and will post very soon! Thanks all for the inquiries, I do appreciate it. Later and PEACE!!!!! :mrgreen:

Wheels have been laced and trued
IMG_0338.jpg

Frame and fork legs are masked for accent color
IMG_0339.jpg

]
IMG_0340.jpg

Accent color shot, will un-mask tomorrow after paint hardens a bit. Only 70 degrees today,lovely for me but a bit challenging for paint.
IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

Later & PEACE!!!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back