Strava Groups for old bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
UPDATE: It's called Clunkin' Cruisin' and it's a public group anyone can join

I was looking around on that app for a group to join, but they all seem like different versions of serious road bike groups. Do any of you know of a coaster brake or old bike strava group? Do any of you use strava?

Last edited:
Old bikes seem to way out of Strava's target demographic, which seems to be people who buy workout gear.

I was looking around on that app for a group to join, but they all seem like different versions of serious road bike groups. Do any of you know of a coaster brake or old bike strava group? Do any of you use strava?

I was thinking the same thing. I use Strava for walks, runs, cycling as training and also just when I'm cruising. It would be cool to see other people's cruising adventures as well

Last edited:
I started a closed group called Cruising Old Bikes. Just for fun and a chance to share everyone's routes and paths

@schwinn boy
I'd like to join your club please? I mostly quit using Strava after the hip replacements. It was just sort of depressing quantifying how I wasn't getting better. I'm far enough removed from that now. I used to fight it out on the leader boards and it gained me nothing. I'm ready to be a champion for style.

I'd like to join your club please? I mostly quit using Strava after the hip replacements. It was just sort of depressing quantifying how I wasn't getting better. I'm far enough removed from that now. I used to fight it out on the leader boards and it gained me nothing. I'm ready to be a champion for style.

You're in!!!

I haven't logged much in there yet, but I've got multiple Strava accounts so sometimes I forget which one I am in :21:

I use map my ride, it gives you mileage to .01 and I could only get Strava to give me .1. I use it for all my bikes regardless of type, but you can choose the type of ride, road mtn. etc but I just use it for everything, even walking. I never save anything but write it in journal. That way I can see at a glance how consistently I am riding.

Last edited:
Forgot about this thread....

Extra bonus fun for recording rides I've been using lately is the Relive app. You can turn your Strava file into an interactive video and insert photos and text for fun

Here's yesterdays quick spin

https://www.relive.cc/view/vPOpWeXRWRv

Yeah, but wouldn't it be fun to crush their times and fragile egos on an old bike?

I have a downhill KOM on my hardtail single speed 29'er. And I had at one point a climb KOM on the same bike. Funny

You can no longer view your segment times or your trainer log unless you are a paying subscriber.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

When did that change? I haven't hit anything with established segments since 5/18, but I can see those times when I just looked

Latest posts

Back