Stray Cat...."The Cats Ready to Prowl"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Bum, I had a great Bday with my girls. Yes! Slow progress due to the distraction of the daily grind but as soon as the kids go down I'm out making the neighbors hate me.

I have some Congo Jammer news, I wasn't able to attend the event to see her get auctioned, I was only told she'd fetch a good sum and many thanks for my donation.... well I was pleasantly surprised by the mens group in my church who felt I'd spent too much time on her to not enjoy her and they pooled their money together to buy it and they gave her to me as a birthday gift... So me and the Jammer ride again!

I'm still building the new bobber-junk-conglomeration, I haven't come up with a name... I like the "Stray Cat" since it's a bunch of stray parts...my wife nixed me calling her "Stray Shat" at least in public. Here's where she'd come in the last few weeks... I was tryin to stay away from the old bolt on solution of bent springer forks by making my own front tubes and keeping her looking more bobber with the shocks but once I stood back and looked at the mock-up I think it needs a true double tube front forks set up and I'll rob a set later when I find a bike at a yard sale/thrift store.

14450576290_150c899041_n.jpg

So I've decided to just do the springer for now and concentrate on making the rest cool beans...

14636787312_19af382a87_n.jpg

I did a bunch of double chain searches and couldn't come up with anything so I figured a way to get the deal done by using a multi-speed sprocket and welding it to a single speed hub...

14614226106_1bff2c1030_n.jpg

Works like a charm!!!! Preliminary bench tests are saying this things gonna fly! Very little revolutions on the front end and roasting spokes out back. Can't wait to test this one out. (yes thats a donor schwinn barbie bike back fork holding the dual drive, no shame!)

14450573840_566ca8095e_n.jpg

Very cool ideas and look to your work. I get into the old school frames so this is more of the direction I would go. Can't wait to see it finished.

Me too Moisstink, I wanted the classic low bobber look in a cycle. I spent a lot of the afternoon on her and just got back from the coveted shakedown run and she's rides so nice and low I was gett'n thumbs up from centipedes cross'n the road!

Here's a rundown of the list today:
More kids bike carnage; this time the handle bars were taken to make way for a more comfortable set of apes...
14638786042_04ecfe1a8a_n.jpg

The only set of spare apes I have laying around are too short and store bolt on for the look and feel...
14659135603_857dbc3f0c_n.jpg

I was hoping for something a little more hand made and screaming... "Attention everyone, I am obviously an narcissist crying out for attention!"
I think these babies will do...
14635967191_4dfd6ec7ea.jpg

So left to do is, clean up the snot welds, strip the frame, weld up the king kong hangers...27"X27", figure out a made up suicide shifter and oh yeah some brakes...

I like it!
Who needs brakes, just lean into a turn and your pedals will stop you pretty good! :D

Love the bike, and yep… Stray Cat is a goooood name. :113:

You'll be able to pedal that baby like it's Built For Speed. Really RevIt Up & Go till the Runaway Boys chase you to the Rumble In Brighton. But don't Ubangi Stomp on them or you might have to Sleepwalk the 18 Miles To Memphis jail. It's My One Desire to see this bike finished, so I Won't Stand In Your Way on these Lonely Summer Nights. I know you Can't Hurry Love and that it is Lookin' Better Every Beer, so C'mon Everybody, get behind cherrydeuce and he will Bring It Back Again so nobody gets the Summertime Blues.

Say YES to the name "Stray Cat".

Glen.

Love the bike, and yep… Stray Cat is a goooood name. :113:

You'll be able to pedal that baby like it's Built For Speed. Really RevIt Up & Go till the Runaway Boys chase you to the Rumble In Brighton. But don't Ubangi Stomp on them or you might have to Sleepwalk the 18 Miles To Memphis jail. It's My One Desire to see this bike finished, so I Won't Stand In Your Way on these Lonely Summer Nights. I know you Can't Hurry Love and that it is Lookin' Better Every Beer, so C'mon Everybody, get behind cherrydeuce and he will Bring It Back Again so nobody gets the Summertime Blues.

Say YES to the name "Stray Cat".

Glen.
Ok,Ok Glen!!!!!!! It'll be Really Rockabilly, but keep it High School Confidential...now lemme go Jump Jive and Wail! :cool2:

another driveway shot after a last run to terrorize the neighborhood...

So I'm thinking of naming it "Stray Cat". It's all stray parts and to honor my favorite musician Mr. Setzer...What does anyone else think?
14637060974_aed8215ff8.jpg
You know, when Em is not around we're still going to call it Stray Shat. ;) You and I are probably the two biggest Setzer fans on the coast, so calling her Stray Cat is only fitting. Can't wait to hit the boardwalk with you and Agent Orange!! Oh yeah, I think Stray Shat, I mean, Cat, needs a red velvet seat to match your Fez.

There has been a few multi chain bikes on here but I do not think I have ever seen a set up with a braking system like this before.

You know, when Em is not around we're still going to call it Stray Shat. ;) You and I are probably the two biggest Setzer fans on the coast, so calling her Stray Cat is only fitting. Can't wait to hit the boardwalk with you and Agent Orange!! Oh yeah, I think Stray Shat, I mean, Cat, needs a red velvet seat to match your Fez.
Bum, we can't help it were the only ones on the coast with good taste in music:cool2:
Red velvet, Leopard print,tuc roll.....so many cool options.
I wish pick guard/drum wrap was in the budget, some tank treatment with that would be kick butt look'n. Maybe after donating some plasma or a organ...

There has been a few multi chain bikes on here but I do not think I have ever seen a set up with a braking system like this before.
Haven't decided on a braking system yet.... I'm thinking of a clutch system operating on the jack-shaft coaster hub....don't ask me how it'd work I'm mulling it over in my head, it's all uncharted territory for me... All this building bikes is for that matter. I don't have time to work on the bike if I'm on here searching so I'm making it up as I go along.... In that regard I hope I don't come off as I'm coming up with new concepts because I know the things I'm doin have been done before but Like I said I don't take a lot of time to read and search since I don't have the free time so it all seems new to me. It's fun thinking up solutions though, that's what I think I love most, overcoming road blocks.

Latest posts

Back