Street Rod Hawthorne (Which tires look best?)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
It's an old bike but has the ride of a new one just like a street rod I figure. Nexus 7 speed rear hub & a front drum brake. Still have to switch over the sprocket & chain & hide the cables. Thanks for the wheels Uncle Stretch.
P9040001.jpg

P9040002.jpg

I put these red tires on but now I'm not sure if I like them as much as the white walls. Which tires do you guys prefer??
P9060001.jpg

Re: Street Rod Hawthorne

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=538&hilit=+lucky+7

this is the "lucky 7" i built and you will notice it is a skip link. not in the first pics go to the last page and you will see an updated pic of it with the whole skip setup. for the rear cog i just got a 22t cog and removed every other tooth and there ya go. it works great and has never ummmm "skiped".

man they look like they belong on there. Turned out really nice. Love the bike. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just for the information I think the sprocket on the back is a 22 tooth and to take it off is really simple . There is a small metal ring in front of the sprocket and if you take a small screw driver and work it off the sprocket comes right off. Really simple.

Is it just me or do the wheels make it look like one of those 1:6 scale model bicycles? I'd post a pic if I had one.

for what its worth heres my $.01.........id go with the bricks(i just dont feel whitewalls anymore.......i partial to solid tires for some reason...NOT THAT THERES ANYTHING WRONG WITH W/WS)
almost forgot.........the bike looks sweet :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back