1. We will be upgrading the forum software on Monday evening. During this time the forum may be down for several hours. Thanks for your patience while we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

Street Rod Hawthorne (Which tires look best?)

Discussion in 'GALLERY' started by rusty513, Sep 4, 2008.

1. rusty513

rusty513

I like the grey & white combo. Looks like I'll be putting the white walls back on though instead of repainting.

2. necessaryevil

necessaryevil

I say put those all black bricks on it that you have hanging in the garage. I think black is the only way to go.

3. rat royale

rat royale

I like it with the red tires, but I've seen some of them after they've been ridden a while, and the tread gets a little off color, then they don't look as good. That may just have been the guy who had them not keepin' his stuff up though.

I built an old/new bike, and mine has whitewalls. I REALLY like the blue/grey - very classic - 50s - cool. :mrgreen:

Nice work. Will you post some photos after you route the cable? I would like to see where/how you do it. I have a two speed kickback on my project, and have a 7 speed Nexus sitting here too. I like the multiple speed/no cable look, but it may be worth it in the end.

Thanks for posting that really nice ride!

Rat Royale
    REC Elsewhere

4. 2manybikes

2manybikes

Whitewalls :mrgreen:

5. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

I love the multi speed , but am not really crazy about the cable. You can grab a shorter cable you have laying around and measure how much it sticks out of the end and put that little screw clamp on really easy. Then use the Hooch method of hooking it up right under your seat. He put his on the seatpost or the clamp . It looks like its still easy to change gears and really out of the way.

6. rusty513

rusty513

I never thought about putting the shifter on the seat post. Great idea!!!!!!!

7. langsmer

langsmer

Keep er skiptooth! They sure aren't making any more of them! :mrgreen:

8. ratrodrog

ratrodrog

Gotta go with the red tires

9. rusty513

rusty513

Thanks for all your help guys. I put the white walls back on & also a new set of handle bars. I'll post pics as soon as I get the chain guard painted & get it all shined up.

10. MercuryMan

MercuryMan

Red, it gives the bike a real nostalgic look with the heavy 120 guage spoked rims, plus the color offset really catches the eye, enhh whities are ok....fer the wifes bike, leave the bricks on, it make the old fella look "TUFF!!"

MercuryMan

11. Hooch

Hooch

red tires rule!

12. CCR

CCR Mouth-Breather Moderator

whitewalls and leave the paint alone, looks slick :D