Stretch a Raleigh?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
send me the saddle.

blink said:
send me the saddle.
The tip of the saddle "tore" off, I want to replace it with another just like it. Maybe I'll just do an ugly repair on it.

Oh, to all the Raleigh purist. The first pic makes the bike look TEN times better then it actually is. If I remember correctly my wife picked this up for me for $12 at a tag sale....I gotta find another "junkie" green one, to cut up for the tubes.

OUTLAW said:
dang, who said anyone knew what they were doing? lol. man i don't. what is this why build with crap? i didn't get that ? oh well i am old. back to building with crap.lol.

Outlaw
I just meant if you have a plan and a Raleigh, no need to build w/tent poles or Pacifics from the trash pile. :p

awesome idea and i like the editing you did to see what it may look like. makes me think of my own 68' raleigh superbee sitting in dunsmuir, gathering dust. id stretch it; combine it with my 67' western flyer 3speed and call it a western raleigh.

KOTA said:
blink said:
send me the saddle.
The tip of the saddle "tore" off, I want to replace it with another just like it. Maybe I'll just do an ugly repair on it.

Oh, to all the Raleigh purist. The first pic makes the bike look TEN times better then it actually is. If I remember correctly my wife picked this up for me for $12 at a tag sale....I gotta find another "junkie" green one, to cut up for the tubes.

My original post was meant to be a joke, so please, hack away. Raleighs are a tough find here, and the one I have has a frame for some one who is 6'5". Be sure to give it your fork treatment, it will improve the handling this time around! :wink:

Another thing to keep in mind is the tubes on these bikes are THIN, you may have to sleeve the tubes for strength. I'd also recommend brazing over welding.
See the small rods going to the boom in this pic? I call them "death pins" as the head tube metal was as thick as a manila envelope. These pins were supposed to keep the boom from falling in case of a breakout. (English 3spd recumbent)

Dscn0086.jpg

Markm said:
I have a green ladies frame you can have....hack on!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PM sent

Latest posts

Back