Stretch VS. Chainsaw Build-Off!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stretch said:
thanks guys. i think i should start my own thread showing all my work. :wink:

Yep, I really think you should

Chainsaw said:
Gdcast said:
Puns a side :arrow: , this is not the first sketch of your´s that I see,
I really like your stile, and I think It´ll be great to see more.

(wouldn't mind to see chainsaw´s either :D )

I'll try to get some scribblings together of my build. I usually just freestyle my creativity (or lack there of) as I cut and weld. Heck even when I built models, the cars never were built as the plans were intended.

Show us what´s in your mind now, so we get to see how your design evolves into the finished bike

PS: I still use crayons in my drawings 8)

Well I couldn't find my Crayolas, but I did find a pen that I stole from the House of Wheels!
Soooo .....

This was my first inspiration:
Stretchvschainsawconcept1.jpg

As you can see, it's a pretty well detailed conceptual sketch. I didn't draw it to scale, but if you take in consideration that the drawing of me next to it is fairly accurate to a much smaller version of me, then the bike picture is gonna be very accurate (give or take a bunch).

I just wasn't happy with this first design. It's not that I didn't feel that I was capable of building it, but I felt that this was almost too eloborate of a build and put up against Stretch's build bike. I didn't want to show up the boy too badly with my mad skills!

So I went back to my drawing desk and inked out this picture. I think that it's more of a possibility than my first design.
Stretchvschainsawconcept2.jpg

Things may (and probably will) change as the build goes on but I think that I'm really close as to the outcome of my final invisionment. I want the bike to be low but not so low that it breaks the spines of worms or decapitates ants! Probably 5"to 7" off the asphalt. Gonna do some wild homemade handlebars. Planning on running a basic 7 speed. Still gotta finalize which idea for the carb I'm gonna go with. :?

So now you guys kinda know what I'm expecting to do. Gigs and I had talked about me building my bike to look exactly like Stretch's drawing but I didn't want to attempt it and fail (miserably). I have to much respect for him and his work. Besides I can see him and his playground buddies skipping rope and making up horrible rymes about me! After all Stretch IS the undisputed Double Dutch Champion of Clawson Elementary!

:shock: Are you crazy? They look totally different from one another! First off it's obvious that you used a completely different shade of dark blue ink and your pen was probably some cheap knock off of a genuine House of Wheels pen! Your version of the bike lacks the quality weld beads that I drew into mine. Your using the next size up in spokes and your front axel nut is showing signs of being cross threaded. I could point out some of the less obvious, but I don't want to humilliate you!

I would like to mention that if your picture is truely accurate ... then I wouldn't mind taking you out. Maybe a movie and second base? You got a nice rack! :p

Thanks, Talk at ya later,
Chainy

:lol: you guys are funny.
So now you guys kinda know what I'm expecting to do. Gigs and I had talked about me building my bike to look exactly like Stretch's drawing but I didn't want to attempt it and fail (miserably). I have to much respect for him and his work. Besides I can see him and his playground buddies skipping rope and making up horrible rymes about me! After all Stretch IS the undisputed Double Dutch Champion of Clawson Elementary!
thanks for not copying my idea there chainy. :p

Chainsaw said:
I would like to mention that if your picture is truely accurate ... then I wouldn't mind taking you out. Maybe a movie and second base? You got a nice rack! :p
Chainy

That's good planning . . . I've learned in this forum that the bike is always worth more when it comes with the rack. :wink:

lets keep the focus on the bike, not the beautiful drawing. :lol: :p

I got the bike stripped down a little ...
stretchvschainsaw2010030.jpg

O.K., so maybe I like ScrappyRon's sawzall a little too MUCH! :shock:
stretchvschainsaw2010032.jpg

Got to play with the Scrapyard Chopper's sandblast cabinet, FUN!
stretchvschainsaw2010034.jpg

That little chunk of frame will eventually meet back up with some of it's former self, but for now this will have to do. Hopefully Tuesday will allow me to get a little more done. The reason it's not moving along faster is that I'm also building my Autorama bike alongside this build.

Chainsaw said:

:lol:
Boy was it fun watching this bike being cut up!!! For those of you that don't reconize it. This is the bike that caused me to fall on my face. :lol:

ive got one frame laid out, but i cant cut on it since my dad took his sawzall to work. :roll:

giggles13 said:
Chainsaw said:

:lol:
Boy was it fun watching this bike being cut up!!! For those of you that don't reconize it. This is the bike that caused me to fall on my face. :lol:
...that'll teach it!!!! :D

stretch said:
ive got one frame laid out, but i cant cut on it since my dad took his sawzall to work. :roll:

Boy, get in there and do things the old fashioned way! Break out the hacksaw my friend. This is what they mean when they say "it builds character!"

Kids these days! Gettin soft! :)

--Rob

Sawzall !?
I had to google it to know what that is !
So that's way my dentist fee is so big!

toothless.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NLCTVWguy said:
stretch said:

Boy, get in there and do things the old fashioned way! Break out the hacksaw my friend. This is what they mean when they say "it builds character!"

Kids these days! Gettin soft! :)

--Rob
i seriously wouldve, but he took that too. i aint no softy, but i do like the saying, "work smart, not hard" :lol: but when i can, i do work hard, and smart.

well im making some head way with my first mock up, got to chopping one of the donor frames, still waiting on the other one from bikejunkie, just tossed it together to see what its gonna look like, and how long its gonna be.
SANY0034.jpg

theres a lot more tubing and bending i need to get all the specific geometry, but this is the basic idea in real life.

Stretch, I like what you've got done so far! Good idea on how you cut the frame. I think our bikes are gonna compliment each other very well! Very similar but in different ways! The streets of Clawson will never be the same! :p Made about any color decisions yet? I'm going Chainsaw Orange and black.

Oh yeah, I almost forget .....
Is it gonna have training wheels? Or is your Daddy gonna teach you how to ride like a big boy! :)

Got a little done today. Things went fairly smooth and cooperated for a change. I decided to go with a 20" front wheel. Not using this particular wheel though. Possibly the tire.
stretchvschainsaw2010079.jpg

stretchvschainsaw2010078.jpg

When Gigs and I found the original boy's frame there was also a girls version so I grabbed it too. I was glad that I did cause it came in handy!
stretchvschainsaw2010080.jpg

stretchvschainsaw2010081.jpg

I also took the rearend of the boy's frame and cut a couple of chunks out. I think it worked out pretty good.Got a little done today. I decided to go with a rectangle piece of tubing for the bike's bottom. Had to sacrifice a treadmill frame to do it though. :lol:
stretchvschainsaw2010082.jpg

stretchvschainsaw2010083.jpg

Chainey: Looks like you are mentally prepaired for a good chance of winning this challenge, but not mama's treadmill. Better keep looking over your shoulder on this build, for Mama.

Latest posts

Back