Strider 'Tribute'

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I don't have much in they way of in-process images. Didn't originally intend to post this project but I was happy enough with the results I decided to go ahead. Plus, might be of interest to someone looking to do something similar.

The bike is strongly based on the design of the Strider balance bike and was built for my two year old grand niece. I have had a couple electric scooters in the parts pile for years. The front forks, head tube, wheels and tires from these naturally lent themselves to the project. The rear wheel stays were created from two forks welded together. A parts pile mountain bike donated the cut down handlebars and grips. Another parts bike supplied the seat, handlebar stem, and seat post and post stem. The main frame tube was left over from an earlier project.

The henna pattern was drawn on with a Sharpie marker. The permanent marker over gloss paint isn't exactly permanent. It's already starting to smear in spots. I've read that Sharpie does make an industrial marker that can be clear coated, verses the regular permanent marker that will lift when sprayed. Wasn't too concerned because the hope is that it will end up being chipped and worn off from heavy use anyway!

Poor low light iPhone shot of bike in bare metal:
baremetalSideView.jpg

Confirming dimensions and seat / handlebar placement:
testRide.jpg

Henna close-up:
hennaCloseup.jpg

Henna top view:
hennaTopView.jpg

Left side view:
sideViewInside.jpg

Right side view:
sideViewOutside.jpg

Front 3qtr view:
frnt3QTRoutside.jpg

With the happy new owner!:
finalBike.jpg

That's awsome my daughter learned to ride bikes using a strider they really are great she's never had training wheels I didn't even have to help her get going on her pedal bike but your bike blows the doors off the strider so much more style very nice work

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back