Studebaker Pedal Car

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Studebaker parked with our regular cars, for scale.
IMG_9515.JPG
IMG_9516.JPG

This is bad ...! If there was enough room I'd say use a gokart axle and a mid drive hub. I had an old colombia trike that had a peerless gokart axle on it basically. Or like duallies on the back. Still bad ..., though. Bet you'll have the only one made from a real car.

Makes me want to build one. I'd probably die on the roads, but I kinda want one. All it would need is a bluetooth radio and an ebike battery to power it and lights.

I love that it is literally a pedal car. I hope that it is easy enough to pedal to keep it that way!

There is one thing that distracts me a little however, and that is how we're able to see through the spokes to the inside of the car. I would love to see a set of Moon Discs on it! Or if you like the look of spokes, maybe you could cover the back sides with something.
pedal car.jpg

I know they ain't cheap, but Photoshopping is free. :)

I love that it is literally a pedal car. I hope that it is easy enough to pedal to keep it that way!

There is one thing that distracts me a little however, and that is how we're able to see through the spokes to the inside of the car. I would love to see a set of Moon Discs on it! Or if you like the look of spokes, maybe you could cover the back sides with something.
View attachment 113564

I do have all of the car's hub caps, and I've thought of somehow putting them on the wheels, or hovering them in front of them, or somesuch.

View attachment 113564

This thing is so awesome.

I’m also super excited as this will be the only bike on the road that’s actually heavier than my schwinn collegiate I’m converting to a gravel bike!!!! lol

Wow, I learned something new! Iso licensed the Isetta to Velam in France, but having sold the body equipment to BMW, Velam had to make their own (which is halfway between an Iso and Heinkel Kabine, which confused me into looking this up in the first place). They're pretty rare, it seems.

Wow, I learned something new! Iso licensed the Isetta to Velam in France, but having sold the body equipment to BMW, Velam had to make their own (which is halfway between an Iso and Heinkel Kabine, which confused me into looking this up in the first place). They're pretty rare, it seems.

Saw one in 2018 in Warsaw. It's insanely small...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back