Stunning cruiser customisations by Road Kandy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! That is some beautiful work.
I dig the rear suspension mod:
229335_216765831683270_125193600840494_910359_8244279_n.jpg

Thanks for the link!

Cheers,
Dr. T

super amazing work. :shock: As much as I love a rat, George Barris style custom work/paint still makes my mouth water. I still remember going to the library in Jr. High and checking out all the Barris books I could find and dreaming/drawing Barris style customs. I always loved the candy/metal flake paint work he always did, and reading about how he came up with his customs. He also used to have a ton of "how to" books on how do custom work. Don't tell me this doesn't look like old school Barris stuff...
littleloner.jpg

littlelonerb.jpg

sangriavida.jpg

barris.jpg

Dr. Tankenstein said:
WOW! That is some beautiful work.
I dig the rear suspension mod:
229335_216765831683270_125193600840494_910359_8244279_n.jpg

Thanks for the link!

Cheers,
Dr. T
PLEASE, NO ONE COPY THAT! :shock: It's basically a copy of Huffman's 1938 first edition Twin Flex, aka the DEATH BIKE!!!! :shock: :shock: An individually sprung rear suspension can react unpredictably, and literally throw you off the bike! They recalled all the bikes (except one) and for good reason! -Adam

You know, I can totally see how this type of suspension set-up could be dangerous. I'd still ride it tho. 8)

Holy rear suspensions, I like that compared to the ones used on moutain bikes.

I wished people would make more styles of springer fork reproductions other than the schwinn style which is like seeing a 57 Chevy at a car show, just gets so boring.

I love the design of the rear suspension.
Would someone clue me in as to why it is potentially dangerous?

GameBent said:
I love the design of the rear suspension.
Would someone clue me in as to why it is potentially dangerous?

The problem is that the axle is individually sprung. Note that all front springers, there's some sort of strut or wishbone shaped piece, that connects both ends of the axle to the spring. Without that, if you hit a bump wrong, or going around a curve, one spring may compress, and recoil violently. So it would throw all your weight from one side of the axle to the other, and you could be thrown off the bike. That's how I heard it anyways. -Adam

Thanks for your reply.
A stiff set of springs would ensure that the compression is only around 1-1.5 inches maximum.
Is that really enough to violently throw someone off their bike?

Latest posts

Back