Sturmey Archer 2 Spd. kickbacks.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just saw the new sturmey archer 2 spd "kickshift" coaster brake hubs.Looks like they come in black,silver and red, 36 and 32 hole.Just a heads up.Def. gona pick one up.
-Kreep-

lots of choices there. coaster brake S2C duomatic 6061 aluminum shell, or S2 no brake with freewheel, or B2C black duomatic steel shell and cogs from 13-22T these are one gear @ 100% direct drive and other gear @ 138% overdrive ( +38% ) unlike the old Bendix kickback that shifted down to a lower gear when you stopped. good though. just gotta pick the front and back gear sizes that work for you.

hi, i got a s2c on my "scotchman", the shifting action can be a little tricky if it gets too cold, and also the brakes are as bad as ever on SA hubs :),other than that, quite pleased with it, and just ordered a brakeless hub for another build..

CYKEL1-1.jpg

flemming

I have one on my "PURPLE NURPLE" & I love it! A bit tricky at first, once you get the hang of it, it's great. It shifts very smooth & I can really get some good speed out of high gear.
8b552027.jpg
32ad68d4.jpg
f6c12651.jpg
[/img]

Latest posts

Back