RRBBO13 STYLISH TRASH

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about the stem, but they are notorious for breaking. At least it didn't happen while riding. Be careful using that thing. Typically then snap just above the collar.

How about "The Flying Rodent" for a name?

Just a happy accident. It was too good for the build until it broke.........now it's perfect. Still holding.

I started a bidding war on Tucson Craigslist on one of those. I lost, and I'm still kicking myself. A very cool lady named Amanda won it, so I guess I can live with my loss. That bike is rolling perfection!
That is quite a compliment. Thank you. My goal is to make it look like it's been in a barn for 50 years, and for it to have gone through many cool changes before it was forgotten in the barn.

Trying to decide which chainguard to use. The guard with the holes might be correct for the frame (and is repainted silver) but not my favorite. The shiny guard would be cool if it wasn't shiny. The generic feather guard has been repainted silver and has the right patina for the bike. What to do?
DSCN0621.JPG

I have a patina McCauley guard. I was also planning on using it with my wingbar frame someday.

wingguard.jpg

stalin.jpg

I was finished with this one on day 3. But I did try a different set of bars on it about a month ago. They are really interesting and seem to fit the "look and theme" of the bike very nicely........kind of a cross between 30's-style bars and 60's ape hangers. Mounted the bars to an old drop-style stem which looks great on the springer.......and the bars up-swept portions set parallel to the springer lines makes the whole front end of the bike look just right. Also added old, worn out coke bottle grips (1934) and the coolest very old headbadge from unknown origins. The headbadge has a horseshoe and the number "13" on it. Very fitting for Build-Off #13. Could this be the perfect rat???
IMAG0191.jpg
IMAG0192.jpg
IMAG0193.jpg
IMAG0197.jpg
IMAG0196.jpg
IMAG0194.jpg
IMAG0195.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0192.jpg
    IMAG0192.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 217
  • IMAG0193.jpg
    IMAG0193.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 212
  • IMAG0194.jpg
    IMAG0194.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMAG0195.jpg
    IMAG0195.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 215
  • IMAG0196.jpg
    IMAG0196.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMAG0197.jpg
    IMAG0197.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 214
Just don't forget to post it up in the Finished section.

Yeah, it's not finished until it's in the Finished Builds. Make sure your favorite 'perfect' shot is the first one at the top of your thread. That will be the one in the Voting Booth once it's up.

Headbadge is really cool!

My builds are never finished. I am always thinking of new ideas for them. And I just do this for fun........not trying to win anything. Just thought that I would share this cool build with everyone here. Might not even submit it to the voting booth. Haven't decided yet.

Submit!

Err...I mean, please submit to the finished bikes thread, you can't pose the question, 'is this the perfect rat?', and not allow us all to weigh in :bigboss:. Besides, I love all things Duralium, so you'll get at least my vote :grin:

:rockout::rockout::rockout:SUBMIT!!!:rockout::rockout::rockout:

I prefer the middle guard gives more of a art deco look.
Could always spray it with a light coat paint,bit of shine here n thr,give that what it once looked like vibe when it was new. The #13 is cool...

Like it like it a lot !
Most guys make the SK shine like new money . I like you old & dusty point of view .
Love the look of the bars on it & 13 badge is a perfect touch [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Submit!

Err...I mean, please submit to the finished bikes thread, you can't pose the question, 'is this the perfect rat?', and not allow us all to weigh in :bigboss:. Besides, I love all things Duralium, so you'll get at least my vote :grin:

:rockout::rockout::rockout:SUBMIT!!!:rockout::rockout::rockout:
The term "perfect rat" is an oxymoron and my question was rhetorical in nature. Like I said, I do this for fun. I am very passionate about my art and I spent a lot of time and effort building, what I consider, the perfect rat. But I don't like the idea of one build being "better" than another. It's all so subjective. I would like to think of everyone here being on the same "building team" instead of being in competition with each other. If I do submit my entry.........my submission will be more like sharing with "the team" instead of campaigning for votes.

Its all for fun...I don't think anyone takes it too seriously...I just want a chance to show my appreciation for what went into a particular build that I find cool...by throwing a vote its way. It isn't a big imperialist vs communist manifesto...its bicycles.

Jason

What an incredible build! The tank looks like a Felt. Are the tubes welded in, I wonder? I am just amazed. This should still be in production, at least as a replica.

I feel like I have to re-evaluate everything I thought about design evolution.

Latest posts

Back