Summer Rat Ride 8-23-08 (TOMORROW!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since bad weather kept a lot of members from coming to the Spring Rat Ride in Harrison Ohio, would anyone be intersted in trying again in late August early September? I've noticed a few new guys here from the tri-state and it would be cool to get everyone together for a cruise in and 8 mile ride. I'll leave the date and time open to suggestions, whatever's convenient for everyone. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Kevin

Re: Summer Rat Ride?

That would be cool,,,,sorry I missed the other one, looked like a good time!

I'd like to add that the weekend of Aug 8-9 is the Memory Lane bike meet, and the first weekend in Sept is the Bucyrus bicycle swap meet, so you might not want to do it during those times.........Don

That sounds fine with me, anyone else have any suggestions?

towards the end of august sounds good because the 17th is the old time drags. i'll definitely be there. maybe i'll have brandy's bike done for this one.

Sounds like August 23rd is going to be the date. I guess I'll start making a flyer up to post around town. Spread the word!!!

Maybe we could tie something in along with it. Like something with:

1) Beer
2) Strippers
3) BBQ
4) Any combination of the above, as long as the beer and strippers are included.
5) A rat rod swap meet, with beer and strippers afterwards.

Hehehe, I'm just kidding. No strippers unless they can ride a bike! Seriously though, a rat rod swap meet wouldn't be bad, everybody just throws their spare parts in a box and works out trades for other stuff...Given the fact that the last two guys I've bought bikes from both have a basement full of bikes, I might be able to sell some stuff by proxy too.

And a big thanks for putting it together. Hopefully work won't get in the way this time and I can make it down there.

Bringing parts/bikes to sell would be fine. We just can't promote a "yard sale" on state park property. So it would have to stay in the car or truck for people to look at. I think the park would frown uppon strippers and beer though, that would have to be organized somewhere else, this ride is for the wives and kids too.

Kevin will be posting a flyer with details soon but we're thinking about having the ride at Fernbank park on the Ohio River. It's a really nice park along the river with a 1 mile bike trail. Lots of picnic areas.

Ok, we're going to try something different this time. Same date August 23rd, new location Fernbank Park 6601 River Road (st. rt. 50) in Saylor Park
http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/cityparks/pages/-4698-/
It only has a 1 mile course but is completely flat, a bike show with swap meet would be available, we could bring a grill and cook out and bring corn-hole and french darts. There is also a restaraunt really close (Cabanna Bar) This park has a lot more wide open unwooded area than Miami Whitewater, so the kids can go play without worries. Hope to see you there!

Re: Summer Rat Ride 8-23-08

Trying to go for a early 1900's look. What do you guys think?

riverbank.jpg

Re: Summer Rat Ride 8-23-08

I'll do the same. Hopefully the weather will be in our favor this time. When it gets closer to August I'll post directions and a mapquest link.

Latest posts

Back