Summer Rat Ride 8-23-08 (TOMORROW!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Summer Rat Ride 8-23-08

gcbike said:
i don't know if downtown cincy is such a safe place :shock:

I would have to agree, I spent some time there this weekend and was nervous for most of it :lol: . overall it is a beautiful city and some parts were like a mini Los Angelas. The parking lot at Kenwood mall was like a car show. Can't wait to go back on the 23rd.

Might be tricky finding a hotel downtown where you can sneak your bikes inside. There are plenty of suburbs around here that should work. It would probably work best if you could find a decent exterior entry hotel on the first floor.

rusty513 said:
Cincinnati is actually very nice. With some very nice hotels. You guys must have been in Over the Rhine!!!!!!
been through there after dark, windows rolled up doors locked.

Some parts of downtown cincy are beautiful, some parts are like the first National Lampoon's Vacation when they accidentally get off the highway and get the hubcaps stolen off the Twin Family Truckster :lol: It's all about location. My mom's neighborhood where I grew up was the type where no one locked their doors. I'd say if you need a hotel, then Harrison is best. I know there are a few that have floor level entrances like GTCOMA mentioned. It's just a short drive away from the park on west 74.

Re: Summer Rat Ride 8-23-08 (1 WEEK AWAY!)

Only one week until the ride! We will have a trophy for the fastest drag winner and the slowest drag winner(slow drags to see who can cross the finish line LAST without putting a foot down) We have a lot of people planning to come and the weather forecast is looking good at this time. I just want to thank those of you who are driving a long distance to be at this ride, you will not be dissapointed and this will be a awesome day if the weather holds out and everyone shows up. At this time I have a rough estimate of 25-30 people and double or tripple that amount in bikes. That's not counting locals who see my craigslist post. We will be meeting at the shelter closest to the playground around 11am. If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]. A link to the park is on the first page of this event post.

NO ALCOHOL PERMITED IN PARK! PLEASE KEEP YOUR FOR SALE ITEMS IN YOUR VEHICLE. THANKS :D

Thanks Locojoe. I just got back from the park on a mission to scope out dragstrip possibilities. I think the second pic is a better location. It's an overflow lot and runs right into a grass feild so that those of us who are brakeless have a safety net. I'll do my best on saturday to keep this parking lot empty, the driveway up to this lot has a gate, I'm going to close it early in the morning and hope the park rangers never notice. :wink:

bikes015-11.jpg

bikes016-11.jpg

So is this going to be a bring your own food deal or a potluck setup? Do you need me to bring any food, drinks, coolers, ice or a five gallon bucket of tater salad?

I'll be bringing burgers and hotdogs to grill, you are more than welcome to bring anything else down with you. I would prefer that everyone brings their own beverages. Maybe in the future we'll do pot luck rides, I just don't ask that of anyone yet because our club is so young and this is only our second ride.

West Chester Cyclery hooked me up with a killer deal on some water bottles and gave me a bag a free stickers. I figure they can be door prizes or goody bags.

2781263303_ca94dc46bd_b.jpg

2782129166_63aa38bc0b_b.jpg

Cool, That was very nice of them. I think Mark managed to get some sets of tires for door prizes. Our local bike shop "Bikes and More" is going to be down there as well. One of the employees is a professional road racer and wants to participate in the drags, we'll just have to set him up on a jalopy so it's fair. :D

NEW EVENT FOR THE RIDE!!! A new event has just been added to the festivities, the longest skid mark contest. Tune up those brakes, throw on that sacraficial rear tire and have some fun.

Yes, and the trophy is spectacular! :D

GTCOMA said:
I'll have to bring my measuring wheel
Good idea! We just used a tape measure but now that you mention it I think I have a measuring wheel.
I don't know if you've already got it planned out but we had a starting line and 2 foul lines and your skid had to start in between these foul lines or it didn't count.

Latest posts

Back